Chapter 2

Once the bus arrived I heaved my bag up and trudged off, towards the doors of the school. I saw all sorts of people talking and messing with eachother. I wished I could have friends like that, but with my father and my antisocialness it wasn't going to happen. I walked through the doors and to the front desk. A peppy lady with a her blonde hair in a bun was sat at the desk. "Oh, you must be the new student, Seto, correct?" Her loud happy tone with her squeaky voice made me cringe internally. "Yes mam." "Here's your schedule, have fun!" (Just a side note, I don't know how highschools work so im gonna struggle with this. Im homeschooled so yeah.) 'Yeah right, having fun is not what I'd say I'll be doing.' I nodded, pulled my hood down more and walked out. Looking at the paper I walked down the hallway, not really paying attention. Suddenly I felt myself colliding with something hard. I looked up and saw a not to friendly looking guy in a football jersey glaring at me.

"Watch it! Or I'll beat your face in." I mentally rolled my eyes. "Sorry." I mumbled, about to keep walking. "Where do you think your going newbie? You didn't seem sorry to me." He grabbed me by the front of my shirt and slammed me into the wall. 'Not again.' I saw 3 more guys approaching and figured his friends were here to help. "What do we have here Luke?" "Just the little 'newbie' that so carelessly walked into me." "Well we should teach him a lesson then, shouldn't we?" A blow to the stomach came and I held back the whimpers trying to escape. He had hit right where a bruise was already forming from earlier. Another punch was aimed at my face but Luke was thankfully interrupted by someone calling his name. "Come on guys, we'll finish this later."

I slid to the ground and hung my head. 'Its not like I don't deserve it.' 'Here we go again, another blaming session with our host, SETOSORCERER!' 'Shutup, I don't need this right now.' 'Whatever, you need to get to class anyway.' Sighing and wincing, I got up, rechecked my schedule and ran down the hallway. I reached the classroom just in time, bursting through the door panting. "Seto?" "Sorry I was late, I....got a little lost." "Just make sure it doesn't happen again, please take a seat." I searched the room and saw a seat available next to blonde headed guy who seemed to be drawing. Sitting down I glanced at him and saw him drawing a girl staring at the sea. 'Probably his girlfriend, I mean, why wouldn't he have one. He's handsome looking, wait, what?' I mean, I always thought I looked at guys more than girls at my older schools but he seems to catch my eye more. Shaking the thoughts from my head, I turned to look at the teacher. He was just blabbing about some historical thing I already knew about so I turned to look out the window. I felt like I was being stared at and turned to my right. I saw the blonde guy quickly look back down at his drawing and....was he blushing?

~Switching to Brice's POV cause I can -3-~

I sighed, 'Another boring day at school.' But then I heard the classroom door slam open and in came the most beautiful being I've ever seen. "Seto?" "Sorry I was late, I....got a little lost." I could tell he was lying by the way his voice sounded but the teacher ignored it and told him to sit. His clothing to other people may look strange but to me it suited him perfectly and looked like it belonged on him. He had soft looking brown hair that slightly covered his left eye, partially covered by a white headband. But the thing I found the most amazing was his brilliant brown eyes, the iris ringed by what seemed to be purple and had silver lines that combined with the brown beautifully. I could get lost in those eyes but he was approaching and I quickly returned to the drawing I was making. It was of my sister who begged me to draw it, even though I didn't want to do it. Seto, as I think the teacher said, sat down next to me and stared out the window but not before glancing at me then the teacher. I found myself studying his perfect features, the way his strange outfit fit him so perfectly, his beautiful eyes, everything. But then he turned to me as if he knew and I quickly looked back at my drawing, blushing. "I would appreciate it if you didn't stare," he said after a minute. I blushed more and mumbled a reply, "Sorry." He just nodded and stared out the window again. "So, your name is Seto?" He seemed surprised I was talking to him and stared at me. "Uhh, yeah..." was the nervous reply. 'Must be a shy person.' "Well I'm Brice, nice to meet you." "Mmhmm." was the only reply I got. 'Hmmm, gotta get him to talk somehow.' "What brought you to Raven highschool?" Seto sighed and turned to him. "What are you trying to get out of me?" I flinched at the harsh response. "Nothing, I was just trying to maybe become friends with you." He seemed shocked at my words and just hung his head. After a few minutes he mumbled something. "What was that?" "Why? Why are you being nice to me?" Now it was my turned to be confused. "Why wouldn't I?" Seto just looked away and didn't say a word. I sighed and looked at the teacher. 'Wow, we've been talking that long?' The class had already almost finished and the teacher was talking about an assignment. 'Ugh, I hate work.' I picked up my things and walked out of the room but not before giving one last look at Seto who was gathering his things too. 'I'm going to figure out what he's hiding somehow. Maybe 'he' can help?' I walked to my next class forming a plan of how to talk to Seto.