Chapter 4

"Here we are!" I looked up from where I was staring at the floor to see we were already at my next class. We walked in and I was relieved to see no Brice there but still worried that maybe he was just late. "Don't worry, Brice has art right now and wont be here," Sky said with a grin. I looked at him surprised. 'How could he tell I was worried?' "You had worry written on your face I hope you know." I must have been so into my thoughts that I let my emotions show. I quickly changed my face to an expressionless one and stiffly walked to an empty seat at the back.

Sky hurried after me and sat down next to my seat. "So why do you hate Brice?" Turning my head, I stared at him with my blank face. "I don't hate him, I just don't like or trust him." I deadpanned. "Why not." "Because for the first time in years besides you, he was nice to me." Sky just stared at me with a face of utter confusion for a few minutes. "Then why do you trust me?" He asked finally. 'Why do I trust him? Is it just his friendly aura or am I just being hypocritical?' After a few minutes of contemplation I finally answered. "I-I don't know. It might just be your friendly aura that just seems to make me feel like your trustworthy. Brice just up and started asking me things and it made me uncomfortable." "Aaah, I see. But really, he just wants to be friends with you Seto. I should know, he is my best friend after all." Sky chuckled. "I guess I can talk to him, but I'm not very good with talking." "Don't worry, Brice used to be the same way when he first came here but look at him now!" I nodded and stared at my desk. 'It wouldn't hurt to talk to him. As long as I don't reveal anything that is.' "I'll talk to him, but its gonna be awkward." Laughter was the reply I heard and before I could ask what was funny the bell went off again. 'Wow, I hope the teacher was talking about something I've already learned again.'

On my way out Sky gave me a wink and handed me a piece of paper. Looking down at the paper I noticed it was directions of some sort. I guessed it was to the cafeteria considering it was lunch time. I got last lunch so there probably wasn't going to be anything good left but I followed the instructions anyway. Once I reached the double doors I could hear loud talking and laughter and I entered slowly. My eyes scanned the room and I noticed Brice and Sky already seated at a table with a few other people. I also took a glance at the food selection and grimaced internally, remembering not to show emotions. It all looked disgusting, even the fruit selection looked old and wilted. I decided I would skip lunch, not like I wasn't used to it from having my father starve me. Sighing, I reluctantly walked to Brice's table.

Everyone except Brice and two other people looked up when I approached considering I was behind them. "What?" Brice asked. "Hi Brice," I said awkwardly. He turned around quickly and smiled when he saw me. "Hi Seto! Do you want to sit down?" Nodding nervously, I took a seat in between him and Sky. "Hey guys, this is Seto. Seto, this is Ty," he gestured to a skinny boy with pale skin, reddish brown hair that covered one eye, green headphones and shockingly red eyes, "Mitch," a boy with messy brown hair, brown eyes, a checkered hoodie and a happy air to him waved back at me, "Jerome," another brown haired boy with dark brown, almost black, eyes with a bacca hat and oddly wearing a suit happily waved, "Ian," a boy with black hair and sunglasses covering his eyes, with slight facial hair, excitedly waved at me, there seemed to be something he was hiding but I let it go for now, "Quentin," the boy mentioned in turn waved also with a goofy grin, he had black hair with blue highlights, bright blue eyes, but nothing compared to Brice's, a mudkip hat and he also wore a gray suit. I blushed about my thought on Brice's eyes but quickly looked down a little so my face was hidden but I could still see. "Then there's Jason," this guy was intriguing if I do say so, he had messy brown hair also, bluish-green eyes, but what caught my attention was the fact that he had on what seemed to be a blue spacesuit and was holding a helmet to match the suit. 'Wow, this is a lot of people.' I thought cause as soon as I had looked at Jason, Brice started listing off more people, some even sitting at the table right next to us, whose chairs were face towards our table. "Tyler," a boy with brown hair and black eyes behind glasses that just seemed to fit his face perfectly with a red and gray checkered hoodie turned to face me and said hi in a weird voice that almost made me laugh, "Bodil," I heard the funniest laugh I have ever heard come from a boy with super dark brown hair that if you didn't look closely enough looked like it was black, eyes hidden by sunglasses and was wearing a suit too with a orange and yellow dotted tie. I couldn't help but giggle softly at his laugh, causing Brice to freeze and stare at me. I looked at him confused before noticing a slight blush on his face and raised my eyebrow more at him. "That...was too cute," Brice mumbled, still staring at me.

I felt a blush growing on my face as well and looked down again. I also felt everyone's eyes on us until I heard Sky chuckle. "Are you gonna continue Brice or keep staring Seto down?" Brice's gaze left me and he started stuttering. "W-well umm, next i-is Double," I heard a hi to my right and saw another boy with brown hair, brown eyes and a big smile looking at me. He wore a blue shirt with a blue slime face on it as well. "And you already know Sky. The rest of our friends already had lunch and left for class." I don't think I've seen so many different kinds of people in one place. "Didn't you get lunch Seto?" I looked at Brice and shook my head. "I don't blame you, our school's food is terrible. Here, you can have the sandwich I brought." He gestured to the bag in front of him. "No, I couldn't take your lunch, I'm used to not eating anyway." Everyone turned to look at me again and I mentally slapped myself. 'CRAP! Why did I say that?!' "What do you mean your used to it?" Ty asked. "Well....I..." I trailed off and nervously looked at all the faces staring at me and pulled my hood down more to cover my face. "You don't have to tell us if you don't want to Seto," Brice said, touching my arm. I smiled softly at him and pulled my hood back so my face wasn't as covered. "But I still want you to eat and no buts about it," and with that he pushed the bag towards me.

I felt a grin growing on my face. 'Maybe school wont be so bad this year.'