Chapter 9

I just sat there for a few seconds, waiting for a reaction. When Brice didn't move I slowly pulled away and stared at his shocked face. He was about to say something before I cut him off, "Before you say anything....I love you Brice." I sat there waiting for what seemed like forever and I felt tears gather in my eyes. He opened his mouth again but closed it. I looked down and tears streamed down my face. 'Why did I do that!? Now he hates me.'

Suddenly I felt a hand on my chin, lifting my head up. "Don't cry Seto." He said before kissing me. Now it was my turn to be shocked but instead of freezing, I immediately kissed back. A tingling sensation ran down my spine and throughout my body, making me kiss harder. Brice pulled away all to soon and whispered, "I love you too."

I grinned and rested my forehead on his. Brice's beautiful eyes gazed into mine and I got lost in the pools of blue. "You know, your eyes are beautiful, right?" Brice whispered and I blushed slightly. "Yours are too." He chuckled and moved away to stand up. I followed, stumbling slightly. "Woah, careful there!" Brice exclaimed, steadying me. "Thanks..."

We walked downstairs and I averted my eyes from the living room as we entered the kitchen. Brice's blood still covered the carpet and I didn't want to see it. We sat at the table, Brice snacking on an apple he pulled out of the fridge while I sipped on some water. "Brice?"

"Hmmm?" he mumbled while staring at me. "Can...can I live with you? I don't want to stay in here after what happened..." I trailed off, looking down slightly. He stopped mid chew and swallowed. "Of course you can! Mom wouldn't really care and we have plenty of space!" I smiled slightly and downed the rest of my drink. "I guess I should get my stuff then." I raced upstairs and drug an old suitcase out of my closet and started shoving the little I had in it. Clothes, books, a picture of my mom before I was born and a few other small things. I zipped the suitcase shut and hauled it downstairs, it wasn't to hard considering I'm not as weak as you'd think. When I entered the kitchen Brice was drawing in a notebook.

"Where'd you get that?" He jumped slightly, obviously startled by my presence. "It was in my backpack from school that I threw in a bush outside before, you know." I nodded in understanding. I was about to say I was ready before I thought of something. I raced out if the room and into the basement, faintly hearing Brice call my name in confusion. I flipped the light on and searched through the many drawers down there before finding the object. An amulet with a red 'creeper', as mom called it, face on it.

I put it on and was about to leave before something caught my eye. On a desk in the corner was an open book. I looked at the cover and saw the words 'Azura's Book of Spells'. I quickly grabbed it and ran back upstairs. I had no idea what my father was doing with it but it probably wasn't good. Doesn't really matter now I guess. I entered the kitchen again and stuffed the book in my suitcase. Brice raised an eyebrow in my direction in question. "Just a book I wanted." He nodded and gestured for us to go.

I picked up the suitcase with ease, surprising Brice, and followed him out the door.  We walked down the road for about 10 minutes in silence before a big house came into view. It was quite large but simple looking. We walked up the concrete path to the door and entered. Inside was simple as well, which I was happy about since I wasn't used to 'extravagant' things.

"Mom?" Brice called out, receiving no answer, before shrugging. "Must be out shopping or something." He led me upstairs and into a guestroom. "This is your room now, not much but doable."

It was perfect for me, medium sized, purple walls, twin sized bed with greyish black covers, a dresser in the corner, a closet, side table, and a dark purple carpet. "I love it." I said and dropped my suitcase next to the bed and sat down. The bed was soft and comfortable. "Well I guess I'll go fix us something to eat, you can unpack while I do that."

I nodded and unzipped the suitcase. I pulled out the picture first and put it on the side table. It was the only thing I had left of my mother besides the amulet. I stuck my clothes in the dresser and closet and my books on the dresser. I took the spell book out and stuck it in the drawer in the side table. After I finished putting everything away I went downstairs again to see Brice putting some ramen in two bowls. He glanced at me and smiled, gesturing to the bowl on the table. I sat down and dug in.

We ate the meal in silence and when we were done Brice led me to the living room. He sat me on the couch and turned on the tv. "What do you want to watch?" I shrugged. "I don't even know what there is to watch, I haven't had a tv since mom died."

Brice fake gasped and made a face of horror. "You poor, poor soul!" He turned on the tv and turned to some show. "Now watch." he said in a commanding tone. I chuckled and faced the screen.

After a few hours of watching random shows I somehow made my way onto Brice's lap. I glanced up at him and glanced at his lips. I contemplated it but after much thought I threw caution out the window and gentle put my lips against his. He looked at me surprised before kissing back, holding onto me tighter. I was about to pull away when a door opened and a gasp sounded out.