Chapter 7

I turned around and walked away with a cold face. I now I'm being kinda bratty right now but he's always busy! I can tell he's lying about the chores though, his tone of voice gave it away. 'I'm gonna follow him home and see what he's really doing.'

I turned the corner and hid behind a bush. Peeking out I saw him look at where I was standing with a sad face before spinning around and walking down the sidewalk. I followed at least 10 feet behind, sneaking from bush to bush, corner to corner. He turned to look back a few times, which made my heart speed up in fear, but just shrugged it off and continued walking. After about 15 minutes he walked up to a pretty big but old looking house. The yard was full of weeds and tall grass, the walls had a few cracks and vines on it but still looked pretty stable.

Seto trudged into his house, the door slamming behind him. I crept up to a window and peeked inside. There standing it what looked like the living room was Seto and some guy, who I assumed was his father. The man started talking but I couldn't make out what he was saying through the wall but I saw fear all over Seto's face. The man pushed Seto down and I saw a small puddle of blood seep out of his head. The man started kicking Seto and I backed away from the window. 'I have to help him! I couldn't bare losing Seto.'

I ran to the front door and tried to open it but it was locked. 'How'd he lock it so fast?' I ran around to the back yard and scanned the back of the house. 'Yes!' A door was placed at the top of some steps and I sprinted up them, yanking it open. I searched the room for a door and found one hidden behind a box. 'Must not come in here.' Shoving the box out of the way I continued running through the house to the living room.

I gasped at what I saw. There on the floor was Seto, arms bleeding heavily, the man leaning over him with a bloody knife. "SETO!" I screamed before Seto's eyes closed and he passed out. "Well, well, what do we have here?" The man had tuned around at my scream. "You must be this fag's 'friend'." I felt rage boil up in me and I tackled him to the floor. "You asshole!" I tried punching him but his eyes started to glow slightly and my arm stopped midair. "Tsk, tsk, tsk, silly boy. Seto must not have told you anything, well, that worked well in my favor." He grinned and I screamed in agony as he grabbed my arm. It felt like my arm was breaking in half.

"You shouldn't have interfered, now I have to kill you so you wont tell anyone." I shook in fear and tried to crawl away but my arm gave out under me. The man laughed evilly and stood up, walking towards me. He raised the hand with the knife and stabbed it into my good arm, causing me to cry out. I fell off my elbows and onto my back, wincing. He pulled the knife out and was now hovering over me, knife above my heart. "Bye, by-," he was cut off when he suddenly was thrown into a wall. I snapped my head to look to my left. 'What!?'

~< Seto's POV >~

I wandered through the darkness, feeling nothing. 'Am I dead?' I turned around at a sudden noise, there was nothing there. I heard another noise, this one sounded like someone talking. "You asshole!" Another noise like a thump resounded throughout the darkness. 'That sounded like.....Brice?'

I heard more noises but couldn't make them out until a sudden scream echoed around and I had to cover my ears. "You.....now....kill....tell anyone."

'That sounded like my father! What's he gonna do to Brice?' I heard a laugh then a cry of pain afterwards. 'I have to get up, I have to save Brice!'

My eyes started fluttering open and when my vision cleared I could see Brice falling on his back and wincing. I stumbled up, my arms feeling like they were on fire. I felt anger and magic surge through me. 'You may be able to hurt me but NO ONE hurts Brice.' My eyes started glowing and I stood fully. My father ripped the knife from Brice's arm and hovered over him.