Chapter 6

I walked down the leaf covered pathway through the trees. Looking around I took in the beauty of the forest I was in. The trees, light shining through them perfectly. The little animals scurrying through the bushes. The birds singing and flying, flying freely through the sky. Sometimes I wished I was a bird, being able to fly around freely without the worry of my past. 

  I soon stepped into a clearing, a cliff at the edge, gazing off over the ocean below. Stepping towards the middle I noticed I wasn't alone. There standing at the cliff's edge was, Brice? "Brice?" The figure turned and flashed me a grin. "Hey Seto." Brice turned back around to gaze at the ocean. 

  I just stood there, my body not wanting to move. "Seto? What do you wish for?" His sudden question caught me off guard and I stared at him confused. "W-what?" 

  'What do you wish for?" He repeated, turning to face me once again. I thought for a moment. What did I wish for? The bird thing was more of a child's wish than anything so it wasn't that. After a few minutes I looked up at Brice who was staring at me with a blank face. "I-.....I wish I could be free to love you." My eyes widened and I clamped a hand over my mouth. 'What is wrong with me?!' It just slipped out of my mouth. Also, I could move again?

  Brice smiled widely while approaching the edge more. "Brice? W-what are you doing?" I stuttered, slightly scared. He just smiled bigger and took another step. I tried to move to him but my legs wouldnt work. "Brice!?"  

He was at the very edge now, one more move and he'd tumble down into the rocky depths below. Slowly, as if the world slowed down just for this moment Brice leaned over the edge. "Do you really love me?" He whispered before jumping off. A scream so loud it could shatter glass pierced the air. I realized it was coming from me.

Time speeding back up, my body jolted into action and before I could think I was racing to the edge. My eyes glowed slightly and I leaped off after him, willing my magic to help me catch up to his still falling form.

  Slowing down again, I caught up go him about 10 feet from the jagged rocks below. Without a second thought I grabbed Brice and flipped him so I'd fall first and screamed out three words. "I LOVE YOU!" He smiled sadly at me and I felt an excrutiating pain in my back to my stomach. "I'm so sorry Seto." Was all I heard before the world faded.  

~< Dream End >~  

I jolted awake, sitting up imediately, sweating and crying. "W-what the hell was that?" I whispered so quietly I myself almost couldn't hear.

  'Seto? Are you alright? You were screaming and I couldn't wake you.'  

"I'm ok." I said aloud. "I'm ok." I repeated, trying to convince myself. "It was just a dream, j-just a-" I was interrupted by my dad yelling for me. "Get your worthless ass down here! You'll miss the bus and I'm not driving you, SO GET MOVING!" 

I flinched at the booming voice and shakily got ready. That dream really messed my up. 'I guess I'm already in love with my new friend, great. As if I didn't have enough to deal with, and only after the first day!' I grabbed my bag and practically ran downstairs. I looked around and noticed the basement door closed again. At least I won't have to deal with him this morning. Sprinting out the door, I got to the bus right on time. 

We arrived at the building and I waited till everyone else was off then proceeded to get out as well. I looked up and saw Brice standing at the doors looking around. He spotted me and grinned. I looked away and a blush creeped onto my cheeks. "Hey Seto!" The voice was soothing yet unnerving to hear, the dream filling my thoughts. "H-hey Brice."

He took me by the arm and led me inside, me being red as a tomato the whole way. He dragged me to our first class, occasionally looking back with a smile. We entered the room and Brice pulled me to our seats. "So Seto, do you think I could come to your house today?" I froze and stared at him, a hint of fear in my eyes. "Br-" I was cut off by the teacher.

"Seto, Brice? Have something you'd like to say?" "No mam, just asking Brice if he'll help me remember my way around school."

"Uh-huh, just pay attention now."

~< Time Skip to End of School Cause its frickin 4 am and I don't care >~

  "Seto!" Brice approached me slowly. "You never answered my question, so can I come over?" I started panicking inside. I couldn't just flat out say no! "Uhhh, sorry Brice, I-I h-have stuff I n-need to do." 

'Crap! I sounded so scared.' 

  "What stuff?" He asked, smile fading. "Uhhh, I have a bunch of ......chores I have to do.."

  He just stared at me with a cold but blank face and walked away without a word. I felt my heart shattering right then and there. He's probably mad at me now, our friendship is ruined. I walked towards my house dejectedly, feeling as though I was being followed but ignored it.

I reached the house and walked in cautiously. He was waiting this time but looked more pissed than usual. "So I heard you have a crush eh, you little shit."  'How did he know?!' "We can't be having that now can we?" He pushed me to the floor, hard. My head smacked against the floor and I groaned in pain quietly.

He kicked me in the back swiftly then kicked my bruised stomach. "I'm going easy on you this time, no magic." I felt blood trickle down my chin as he repeatedly punched my stomach. He stopped for a moment and I cracked open an eye I hadn't realized I'd squeezed shut to see him pulling something out of his boot. 

My eyes widened as the light from the window glinted off the knife, dried blood on it as well. Grabbing my arm, he pulled my sleeve up harshly, showing old scars from past times he did this. The knife slowly slid from my elbow to my wrist and I had to bite my lip to keep from yelling in pain. He continued slicing both my arms, me whimpering occasionally, still biting my lip to the point of bleeding. "This is what you get for disobeying rules!" He cut deeper and my vision started to fade slightly. "Worthless piece of shit!" The world faded away but before I completely passed out I heard a distant scream.   "SETO!"

A/N- for whatever reason wattpad deleted all the line breaks I put :/
Edit- I fixed it :D