Chapter 5

I walked out of my last class feeling much happier than this morning. All of the guys were nice to me and Brice was always there to back me up when an awkward question was brought up. Like when Ty asked about a cut on my forehead when I was fixing my headband.

~< Flashback >~

I pushed my hood back slightly but not all the way off and pulled the white piece of cloth of my head. I pushed my hair up and was about to tie my headband back on when Ty interrupted me. "Seto? Where'd you get that nasty cut from?" I froze in place, hands in front of my face. That was from yesterday when I brought my father his dinner and the broccoli didn't have enough butter on it. He had throw his knife at me and I managed to dodge it slightly, it only grazing my head. "Ty." My gaze shifted to Brice who was giving a strange look to the brunet who in turn gave an apologetic look and mumbled, "Nevermind, forget I asked." I just sat there for a moment but soon continued putting the headband back on.

~< Flashback End >~

'Crisis evaded I guess.' I picked up my pace as I neared the front entrance, dad would kill me if I didn't get home on time. My hopes at getting home as fast as possible were flushed down the toilet as someone called my name once I stepped outside. "Seto!" The thick accent was hard to forget and I easily new it was Brice. I spun around and shot an annoyed, "What?", at him. That stopped him in his tracks and confused and hurt looked replaced his cheerful, causing me to feel guilty. "W-well, I just wanted to ask if you wanted to hang out later but I guess not," he whispered the last part but I heard it. Guilt crashed into me like a wave. "I'm sorry for being mean Brice but I'm in a rush and I can't," I apologized, honestly wanting nothing more than to go with him instead of going home to the devil. "Believe me, I would if I could but....I can't."

He still looked upset and it was making me want nothing more than to hug and comfort him. 'Wait, what? I just met him a few hours ago!' He looked up from where he was gazing sadly at the concrete. "Why?" he whispered, I guess hoping I wouldn't hear as he started to walk away. "Brice! Wait! I uhh...I'll see if I can tomorrow." He stopped mid step and flashed a big grin over his shoulder. "Ok!" That smile made my heart speed up and I had to look away as I felt my face heat up. 'What is wrong with me!? Not only did I say that I, think I'm falling for some guy who I just met who is probably straight! He's gonna be so let down when I tell him I can't tomorrow!' I sighed and continued my dash to my house. Yes I could have taken the bus home but I felt like getting a warm up before having to do my mile long list of things to do at home.

~< Time skip cause whats entertaining about running? >~

Once I reached our quite big house I cautiously opened the door. My eyes scanned the living room, searching for the demon known as my father. Stepping in quietly I spotted him lounging in the couch, sleeping. My eyes widened, for once he wasn't waiting at the door with a mile long list and a beating for me. 'What was he doing today that tired him out?' I suddenly became very scared and slipped into the kitchen. Might as well fix his dinner before he wakes up instead of him screaming at me to make it.

~< Another time skip :3 >~

I slid the steak onto the plate and quickly set it on the table, turning to do the dishes. I froze in fear when I heard boots hit the wood flooring of the living room. My hands started shaking slightly but I just continued to scrub the pan I was holding while millions of thoughts ran through my head. 'Oh no. What's he going to do? Did I cook the steak right? What was he doing today? Will he yell at me for the way I mad the food again? Wait, why am I thinking this? I deserve it don't I? Its my fault they took her life. They wanted my power and she protected me.'

For gods sake Seto, YOU DON'T DESERVE IT!

'Yes I do, if I had just not been born with this power or born at all she would still be okay.'

Well then that's her fault for having you and protecting you! You couldn't have changed that!

Just as I was about to reply to the voice I felt someone's gaze on me. "Why are you just standing there fag, get back to cleaning." I quickly glanced over at him seated at the table, glaring at me, and I continued scrubbing. 'Whether your right or not I'm stuck doing this.'

*Sigh* Honestly Seto, I thought you were smart. USE YOUR POWER AND KICK HIS ASS!

'But I-'

DO. IT.

I just continued cleaning the last dish, not replying. Once I was finished I shakily turned to see 'he' had already finished and was heading upstairs. I swiftly cleaned his plate and peaked around the corner up the stairs. The door to his room was shut and I heard shuffling in there. I was extremely confused. 'Where's the list of chores? The beating?' Still terrified, I just continued doing what I normally do, clean the house and do my homework then prep my bag for tomorrow. Once I finished that I headed towards my room but as I was about to open my door, the door next to mine opened and 'he' stepped out with a bag. He just walked up to me, picked me up by my collar and threw me down then walked downstairs to the basement.

Sitting on the floor staring at nothing, yes, that's getting EVERYTHING done.

I snapped out of my confused state and got up. 'Shut up, I'm confused and terrified right now.'

Whatever.

Opening my door I noticed there was a note on my bed. I walked up and read it in my head.

- Hey fuck up, don't disturb me while I'm in the basement or I'll snap your puny neck. -

'Well then.' I just threw the paper away and tidied up my room. After I was done I peeked out my door. 'He' was still downstairs. Still nervous and confused, I went to bed. As I lied there 'the voice' entered my head again.

I wonder what he's up to.

'Me too but I'm not about to get my 'puny neck snapped' just to find out.'

Fair enough, now go to sleep you silly pineapple.

I drifted off, smiling. She, as in the voice, always made me smile before bed just to ensure I did once a day. But, honestly, this would be the second time today.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Alright! I DID IT! ENJOY! Wittle Seto weto blushy wushied at lil' ol' Bricey wicey XD what did I just say?