2. #RealOrFake

«Arabella»

The next day after I'm dressed and ready for school, I get a text from Rowan.

Meet me at Brie's? ~ RoRo📷💖

I frown and send a text back.

Tell me about it @ school? ~ me

I exit my front door and a blush rises to my cheeks when I see who was waiting for me, leaning against the tree in front of my house.

"I thought you were joking," I grumble, locking the door with my keys. I feel his arms wrap around my waist, his chin resting on my shoulder. A shiver runs down my spine as I slightly feel ashamed of myself... though I'm not too sure why.

"Well I wasn't," he whispers into her ear, kissing the back of my neck.

"Stop," I mumbled embarrassingly, pushing him back with my elbow. "My mom could be watching."

"Let her watch," he grins as I turn to face him. He leans down to kiss me, but I block it with my hand.

"Why are you so... touchy? Jeez, keep your hands to yourself."

"Cause I can be. Plus, what isn't there to touch when my girl has a body-"

"Woah woah woah," I scoff, walking down the steps with him on my heels. "Your girl? We aren't even friends."

"Hurtful," Brandon chuckles.

"Why don't you go chase after a girl who actually wants to be with you?"

"What's the fun in that? Plus, you're everything I want in a girl."

"Oh yeah?" I roll my eyes. "And what's that?"

"Well, one, you're hot as fuck. Two, you're pretty smart."

"Oh, wow."

"Three, you're playing hard to get."

"Playing?"

"Four," he ignores me. "I don't know. I guess I'm just attracted to you."

"Great explanation."

We near school - meaning at least five blocks away-, and I bite the inside of my cheek.

"Bye," I say lowly, knowing this is where we must part ways.

"Wait," Brandon holds me back. I stare at him, waiting for the reason he held me back.

"What are you...?" I question as he leans down and pecks my lips longingly. When he pulls back, he stares at me, expecting a slap of some kind. "You have to stop doing that," I shake my head, ignoring his small smile simply due to the fact that I didn't blow up on him like yesterday.

"But I won't."

"We'll see about that," I whistle, turning and walking away.

"We sure will," he chuckles, striding past me, but not before slapping my behind swiftly and sending me a mischievous wink.

The first thing I see when I get onto school grounds is both Hailey and Rowan getting out of Hailey's mother's minivan. I inwardly shiver at the scene and head towards them when my phone vibrates.

MonkeyMan had tagged me in a private photo.

I bite my bottom lip and make my way towards Rowan and Hailey once again.

"Hey," I greet, both of their heads whipping towards me.

"MonkeyMan?" Hailey asks.

"MonkeyMan," I slowly confirm. Then I turn to Rowan. "What was the thing with Brie about?"