7. #TwoFace

«Arabella»

I sat in the living room, my legs crossed in front of me as I lean back into the couch. My fingers quickly typed at my phone screen as I was sending Rowan a long text, panic setting in me as my bottom lip quivers.

What does he mean I'm next?

Rowan doesn't reply too quickly, and I'm left to my own thought, which aren't the best at the moment.

My mom, Moira, is in the kitchen cooking up a storm. I have to turn back every now and then to make sure she isn't slipping any poison in it. She'd do something like that.

About half an hour ago, I caught her cutting potatoes, knowing full and well that my dad's wife, Gloria, was allergic to them. I had swooped in and gave her a glare, to which she nervously chuckled at.

Sometimes I want to be mad at her for hating them so much, but I really can't. My dad, he just left us when I was twelve and we had found out months later that he was be-wedding another woman without even fully divorcing my mother yet. I was angry at him, for sure. I hated him for three years straight when I found out that the woman he married had two kids my age. He never even stopped by to see how I was doing, but he spent everyday with another woman's children. The fact that he didn't find anything wrong with it disturbed me.

Gloria's kids, Isabella and Myles, didn't even know I existed until they saw a picture of my six years old self in his wallet. They found me when I was fourteen and I hated them both at first, for being apart of the reason my dad left me.

The second they showed up at the door, I slammed it shut and ignored them. They left eventually, and I declared that I never wanted to see them aver again.

Well apparently my dad found out about their little visit and decided to come down here himself.

Me, being the sensitive person I am, cried the second my eyes landed on him. He tried to hug me but I pushed him away and sobbed into my hands as the memory of him leaving and never returning played in my mind.

My mom came down the stairs and threw a bottle of beer at him, but unfortunately it hit me in the back, glass piercing my skin from my shoulder and down. Both my parents began screaming as I cried, and before I know it I was sedated and laying on my stomach on a hospital bed.

Hailey and Rowan were there, expectedly, but what shocked me was when my dad told me that his wife and two other children came. I was agitated and emotional, but what could I do about it?

I wasn't allowed to return to my mom's house for a month, being that the police thought she abused me on a daily basis even though she's never even thought of putting a hand on me that way.

So unfortunately, I was left to stay in the guest bedroom of my dad's new and improved house. Pictures of them all together decorated the walls and I wanted to cry even more than I already had. The whole situation was distressing.

I stayed locked in my room, not wanting to talk to anyone but my mom. I hadn't had a phone so I couldn't call her, and the house phone was in the kitchen but I didn't want to risk the chance of coming face to face with anybody in the household.

I planned to sneak out a few times, but there was a stupid alarm system that I was aware of. I just wanted to see Hailey and Rowan, but more importantly my mother.

On the second to last day of my night there, the police had found out that I am in fact not abused, and they finally believed when I said it was an accident.

Isabella and Myles found out the full story as to why I didn't like them, and it upset them that they were brought into it. They told me they hadn't known and I didn't really blame them, but I couldn't take it in myself to befriend them.