9. #YourTurn

«Arabella»

I was woken up from my nap by my mother, who came barging into my room with a red face and angered eyes.

For one thing, I was confused beyond belief.

"Care to explain yourself, Ara?" Her breathy and low voice questioned.

"Wha-what? What's going on?" I sit up on my elbows, my eyes squinting from the light that she had flicked on without a care in the world.

"I'm going to try to be as nice as possible, being that you just came out of the hospital this morning, but I want a straight and honest answer."

"Okay?" I raise my right eyebrow.

"Have you been sneaking a boy around my house and smoking weed with him?" Her jaw is clenched as my heart drops.

Holy shit. How the hell did she find out? Who could've-

Damn it.

"I-I-I-"

My mom lets out a loud and humorous laugh as she walks right out, slamming the door behind her. I run a hand over my face as my stomach does flips.

She always did this when she was unbelievingly angry, acted like the whole thing was a joke until realization sets on her and she goes bat-shit crazy. It was like when my dad left us, she laughed in the beginning. Those chuckles and giggles turned into the whole living room being flipped upside down and having to go purchase an entire new set at Ikea.

I throw my sheets off of me and head over to pull on a pair of random sneakers. I don't change my sweatpants or Yankees t-shirt that had one too many stains on it. I grab my phone and open my balcony window, climbing out without a second thought.

While I'm rushing down the street, I'm trying to get in contact with Rowan. I knew the assembly had to be over - it was sometime after 4:30 by now.

But she didn't pick up. Neither did Elisia, and neither did Hailey.

What the hell is going on?

I find myself a block away from Brandon's house with my eyebrows furrowed worriedly and my teeth latched onto my bottom lip.

Eventually, I reach his house and decide to circle around the corners, towards where I knew his bedroom was. Two knocks on the window are enough for him to open up.

I grow even more confused when I see how outraged and pissed off he looks.

"Brandon? What's wrong?" I ask, halfway through the window but not fully. I stay with my knee kneeling on the bottom part and my other leg still outside.

"What the FUCK is going on, Arabella?" He bellows and I flinch at the loudness of his voice.

"I-I don't know, somehow my mom knows about the-" my house is small and soft, my brain trying it's best to make sense of the situation.

"Everybody knows!" He shouts, running his hand through his hair. "Every-fucking-body. Why is there a video of us, Arabella?"

I frown at the use of my entire name repeatedly falls from his mouth.

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about a video released the the God damn rally! A video of us - TOGETHER!"

"W-what? How?"

"I was thinking the same thing," he narrowed his eyes at me. My heart skips a beat when I realize what he's suggesting and why he's so angry.