10.2. #Crushed

«Arabella»

Brandon left a little after everything, reluctantly might I add. He didn't want to go but when my mom came to tell me she was ordering pizza, she saw him and spazzed out. Now she's mad.

And we didn't get pizza, either.

My mom took a nap not too long after, as well, so when I got a text from Hailey telling me to meet her in front of Rowan's house, I didn't hesitate.

I quickly climbed down the ladder from my balcony and speed walked over. I saw Hailey sitting on the curb, her eyes focused on her phone. She looked up when she heard my footsteps getting closer.

I take a seat beside her, spreading my legs out ahead of me.

"Whats going on?" I ask, placing my own phone on the ground beside me.

"Rowan thinks she has a clue," Hailey mentioned, and I didn't need to ask what the clue was for. I already knew.

I don't say it at first, but then I decided to just speak up.

"I think I do, too..."

"What? Have a clue?" Hailey slightly turns her body towards my direction, so she's now fully facing me.

"Uh-yeah. I was on the phone with Miles last night and he was telling me that I did something when I was drunk a while back, in the summer." Hailey nodded as if silently telling me to go on. "Apparently, I went to go pick him up and got drunk all the while. Someone tried helping me, I guess, but I was drunk and bitchy."

"What'd you do?"

"Threw solo cups at him," I muster up shamefully. Hailey's eyebrows furrow as her eyes narrow.

"Solo cups? Like what MonkeyMan sent- oh," the blond realizes and I nod slowly.

"I was a dick to him and now he's coming back to kill me," I groan.

"He's not going to kill you-"

"You don't know that," I frown. "None of us know what's going to happen... except-"

"MonkeyMan," Hailey concludes gloomily. I let out a loud sigh just as Rowan came walking out of her house with a crumpled piece of paper in her hands.

"Hey Ro," I mumble as she nods with acknowledgment, sitting down beside me.

"I found it," she says.

"Found what?" Hailey's timid voice questions.

"A note... from freshman year."

"I remember that," I cross my legs, the memory of her showing me the note back in the first year of High School. "I thought you threw it away," I add. "Wasn't it from a secret admirer?"

Rowan sends me a pointed look with her lips pushed to the side before unfolding the loose-leaf and reading it out to Hailey and I. "Roses are red; Violets are blue. Meet me at the duck pond, promptly at two."

"Did you go?" Hailey wonders aloud.

"No. I didn't know who it was from," Rowan shrugs.

"And I wouldn't have let you. It was creepy and," I shiver to prove my point.

"How come I didn't know about this?" Hailey frowns.

"You were hanging out more with Nicki," Rowan trails off as I take the note from her hands and fiddle with the paper.

"So you stood him up?"

"I didn't mean to be an asshole, I-I didn't know who it was from."

While I was messing with the paper, I notice an inky figure that managed to make a slight appearance on the front. I turned the sheet around and my eyes widened as I saw what was drawn with a pen.