Chapter One: A year later

Maria's POV:

A year ago I was saved by an infamous pirate. I went on an adventure with him so he could regain his beloved Pearl from the clutches of a cursed crew. A year ago we rescued a young lady from those pirates. A year ago I fell in love with Captain Jack Sparrow. The night was warm and I waited on the deck of the ship relaxing. I heard Gibbs singing. Suddenly I heard loud bells in the distance, and I looked in the direction of the sound. I saw four little lanterns in the distance. I looked at Gibbs who stared at me with a grave look.

Staring back at the lights I began to think that the idea we put into order was a bad one. After a few moments the bells stopped. Suddenly some crew including Gibbs went to rail, and I jumped off the barrel I sat on and joined them. They stared at a couple of floating coffins in the distance. A crow pecked on the top of one. Suddenly a shot rung out and a pistol poked out from the hole. I flinched. Suddenly Sparrow burst through the hole. I saw him pull a poor chap's leg out from the coffin and begin to row towards us. "He always has to make an entrance 'eh, Gibbs?" I said. Gibbs laughed. Suddenly Gibbs went to the ladder and reached out for Jack's hand.

Instead of a hand Gibbs got a leg. Jack climbed aboard and someone put his coat on him. I saw Gibbs throw the leg over board and follow. I followed after Jack who was being followed by some crewmen. "Did you get what you went in for?" Gibbs asked. "Mmm hmm," He said waving a piece of cloth in front of us. Suddenly as he turned around the mast an angry crew stared at him. "Captain, I believe the crew, me included were hoping for something a bit more...shiny," Gibbs said. "Shiny?" Jack asked. I rolled my eyes. I didn't listen much to the rest of the conversation. All I wanted to know was what was on the cloth. Suddenly that blasted cursed monkey screeched and landed in my face. Jack turned and tried to fire at it.

The monkey jumped down and grabbed the cloth from Jack. He quickly took the pistol from my belt and shot at it. "You know that don't do no good," Gibbs said. "It does me," He said. Marty ran to the cloth and picked it up. I joined him and stared down at it. "It's a key," I said. I took the cloth in my hands and stared at it. "No much more better," Jack said snatching it from my hands, "It is a drawering of a key." As he explained it all I rolled my eyes. When he was finished everyone looked confused. "He said we have to find the key you bloomin gits," I said. He turned towards me.

"Thank you," He said. I just rolled my eyes.

"So, do we have a heading?" Marty asked.

"Ah a heading." Jack said pulling his compass out, "Set sail in a....hmm....That direction." He pointed towards the starboard side.

"Come on, snap to it," He ordered.