Chapter Two: Something Strange

Maria's POV:

"Have you noticed lately the Captain's been acting a bit strange...er?" Marty said.

"Settin' sail with out knowing his own headin' Something's got Jack vexed. Mark my words, what bodes ill Jack Sparrow bodes ill for us all," Gibbs said.

"I think he's just been acting normal," I said.

"How would you know? You barely speak to the captain now a days," Marty said.

I shrugged. We all bunkered down easily. I fell asleep but was suddenly woke when I heard a door open below us. I got up and quickly put my faded coat on and my worn out leather sea boots. I walked down the stairs quickly to see Sparrow walking into the rum cellar.

He looked around and found a bottle. He pulled it out and sand poured out. "Times run out Jack," A rough voice said. Sparrow dropped the bottle in surprise. I flinched in startlement. I walked in some more following his lantern. Suddenly I saw a figure that looked like he came off the sea bed. "Bootstrap Bill Turner?" Jack said moving the light closer to the figure. When the light showed his face I almost gasped. He was a spitting image of Will Turner. Except for the starfish on the side of his face. "You look good Jack," Bill said with water dripping out of his mouth. Jack cocked his head. I blinked a few times. "Is this a dream?" Jack asked.

I was wondering that me self. "No," He said. "I thought not. If it were, there'd be rum," Jack said. Bill lifted a bottle to Jack making his bones pop. I flinched some more hearing how odd it was for bones to pop like that. They began talking. I listened as Bootstrap talked of Jack's debt to Davy Jones. Bill suddenly grabbed Jack's hand and rubbs his hand across Jack's palm. "Time's up," Bill said. Suddenly as Bill left I saw what looked like a black spot form on Jack's palm. I saw he was coming towards me. I ran up quickly to my bunk and lunged into the hammock. "All hands on deck! Make fast the bunt gasket! Scurry! I want movement!" Jack shouted. I watched the men scramble to their clothes. I quickly got up and pulled my hair back high.

I went on deck and saw Jack yelling. "All on deck! Run! And keep running! Run as if the devil himself and itself is upon us!" Jack shouted. I saw Gibbs trying to talk with him. Suddenly the damn monkey flew over and took Jack's hat. The monkey hissed at Jack and in return Jack hissed back. The monkey threw the hat over board. "Jack's hat! Bring her about!" Gibbs shouted. "No, no leave it!" Jack said. Everyone stopped and stared at him. Something was wrong with Jack. "Run," He said. I saw Gibbs chase after him. Suddenly Jack ran into his cabins.

"What's wrong with 'em?" I asked. "I don't know. He won't tell me," Gibbs said. Suddenly I saw an idea pop into his head. The enitre crew stared at me. I knew what they were thinking. "No. I'm not going in there," I said. "Come lass he won't talk with anyone else," Gibbs urged. "No it's not an option at this point," I said crossing my arms. Gibbs gave me a look of yes it is an option. I groaned. "Alright fine," I said. I stormed to the door of Jack's cabin. I looked back and Gibbs moved his hands in a motion to encourage me in. I rolled my eyes and opened the door.

Jack's POV:

I clutched me left hand and paced my cabins. Suddenly me door opened. To my surprise Maria walked in. "Jack, for the love of christ what is going on with you?" She asked. I could tell she was irritated. I wrapped the cloth tighter around my hand. "Nothing," I answered. "Don't give me that shit Sparrow I know you better than any of these men. What in bloody hell is going on?" She questioned again. "Maria, if something were wrong I would tell you. I just have an unyielding need to be on land," I said. I could tell she wasn't convinced. "Dearest Maria fret not," I said. I smiled at her. She rolled her eyes. She opened the door to leave. "Maria," I called. She turned to me. "I'm sorry love," I said.

"Sorry isn't enough," She said. She opened the door more and left. I looked at my left palm and clutched it tight again into a fist. I didn't want to believe it but I had the Black Spot. I knew if I told anyone else they think me ill omened. The best thing for me to do was to sail to land as fast as possible.