Chapter Ten: The Heart

Chapter Ten: The heart

Maria's POV:

After a moment Jack fell into a hole. When he popped out a mill wheel passed over him and he became stuck in the wheel. "Oh bugger!" I said. I chased after him. I noticed as it came around he was upside down and Norrington and Will were enlocked in a battle atop it. I saw the key drop and jumped in. I grabbed the key and jumped out again. Jack stood up from the hole. Before he could do anything he was knocked out by a pole. I noticed Will and Norrington had no idea who had the key. "Bloody hell you're an idiot." I said running up to him. I smacked him a few times. Nothing. I remembered the flask of rum I had. I popped open his mouth. I pulled the cork on the flask out and poured it into his mouth. He coughed and then swallowed the rum.

"Where's the key?" He asked. I held the key up in front of his face. He grabbed it. He stood up while I put me flask up.

Jack's POV:

As we stood I noticed a cursed crewman running with the chest. Maria picked up a coconut and threw it at him. The coconut hit his head and the fellow's head popped off. He dropped the chest. I looked to her and she looked to me. "Good shot." I said. "Thank you." She said. We went up to the chest. I heard the head of the creature talking. "Oh shut it." Maria said. I placed the key in the slot and turned. The chest popped open. I slowly opened the lid. We looked in and saw the heart. I picked it up. Suddenly I heard the shouting of the rest of the creature crew. I quickly put it away on me and shut the chest.

Maria and I ran to the beach. I found the boat and found my dirt. I opened it and poured some out. I shoved in the heart and began to fill it back up. "Your mad!" Maria said. Suddenly  a cursed crew man attacked us. I threw the jar in the boat and grabbed an oar seeing how I made the mistake to leave me sword in the boat. I noticed a second came and Maria fought him. After a few moments Elizabeth, Pintel, and Ragetti joined us. Once again after a few moments we all stopped to see the mill wheel roll past us. We quickly regained our bearings and continued on.

Eventually we all gathered by the boat. Will was knocked out and Elizabeth went to get him. "Leave him lie! Unless you plan on using him to hit something with." I said. "We're not getting out of this." Maria said. "Not with the chest. Into the boat." Norrington said grabbing the chest which Pintel and Ragetti had brought. "You're mad!" Elizabeth said. "Don't wait for me." He said. He ran off to the beach and out of the shallows. "Uh, I say we respect his final wish." I said. "Aye" Pintel yelled. We all at the same time put our weapons away and began to row back to the Pearl.

We quickly boarded the Pearl. I went to the helm with me jar of dirt, and suddenly the Flying Dutchman surfaced.