Chapter Twelve: Not Yet the End

Maria's POV:

As we rowed to Tia Dalma's shack mourners waded in the water with candles. Tears stained the mourners cheeks. Gibbs wrapped his arm around me trying to comfort me while I sat in deep sorrow. We came to her shack. I sat on a barrel. Tears still came down as I mourned for Jack Sparrow. I didn't want to believe it, but he was gone. Tia Dalma came with a mug of rum. "There is nothing you could have done, but his heart was mended." She said. I took a mug. I didn't drink it. The pain I felt in my heart was too much.

"Aye. And already the world seems a bit less bright. He fooled us all right to the end. But I guess that honest streak finally won out. To Jack Sparrow!" Gibbs said raising his mug. "Never another like Captain Jack." Ragetti said. "He was a gentleman of fortune, he was." Pintel said. "He was a good man." Elizabeth said. "He was....irreplacable." I said. I took a drink in my loves honor. "If there was anything could be done to bring him back....Elizabeth..." Will said. "Would you do it? Hmmm?" Tia Dalma said. She looked to us all. "What...would you? Hmmm? What would any of you be willing to do? Hmmm? Would you sail to the ends of the eart', and beyond, to fetch back witty Jack and 'im precious Pearl?"

"Aye" Gibbs said

"Aye" Pintel said

"Aye" Ragetti said

"Awk! Aye" Cotton's parrot said

"Yes" Elizabeth said

"Aye" Will said

"Aye" I said. The small word gave me some hope. "Alright. But if you're goin' brace de weird, and haunted shores, at world's end, den...you will need a captain who knows dose waters." Tia Dalma said. Suddenly we heard footsteps descending the stair case in her shack. We slowly stood up. We walked towards the stair case. Who stood at the bottom surprised me beyond words. "So tell me, what's become of my ship?" Barbossa question. His monkey jumped on his shoulder and screeched as Barbossa took a bite of a green apple. Hope flooded into me that I would see Jack once again.