A Match Made in Heaven

Budo read the letter at a heart pounding speed, his eyes narrowing as he thought about who it could be.
He didn't think that there was anyone intrested in him...
But then again, he'd been wrong before.
He went down the list of girls he knew.
Oka.
Hinata.
Kokona.
Midori (god have mercy).
Saki.
Riu.
Kuu.
Mai.
Ayan-
He stopped listing, not wanting to get back on this subject. Instead of breaking his own heart, he glanced down at the meeting time; 5:45.
He the directed his gaze up to the clock; 5:40.
Whoever this girl was, he knew she wouldn't want to be kept waiting.
His mind wandered over to the myth about the cherry tree, and immediately felt bad about how he would finally be able to debunk it.
As he exited the school from the side and stepped into the dim, fading sunset.
From where he stood he could make out the distant shape of the towering tree, and the figure of the girl underneath it...
Who was that?
From a distance, Budo couldn't make out any special features... not even a hair color.
Had his predetermined commitment not already held him to continue forward, his curiosity alone would have.
With every step, his intended destination became more visible, as did his admirer.
As he continued on, he could now see sleek black hair, pulled into a medium length ponytail. His heart beat uncontrollably as the girl turned and reveled herself to be both the first and last person Budo had wanted to see here.
There, standing beneath the tree with petals swirling around her in the soft, cool breeze was Ayano Aishi.
Budo froze, loosing the ability to speak momentarily. Ayano met his eyes only for a second, but then quickly looked down.
"You came." She stated in a plain whisper.
"Y-yes.... so it seems." He answered.
The two fell into awkward, yet blissful silence.
"... It's not wat it looks like." She whispered, on the verge of tears. "I mean... it is.... but it isnt."
"Then... what is it?" He questioned, even though part of him knew the answer might ruin this perfect moment. Ayano paused, the tears finally breaking pass her eyes.
"... I-I love you...." the silence that followed was long as Budo stood in shock.
He took a step closer and gave his answer by closing the gap between them.
And only in that moment, everything was perfect.
... half an hour later, police will discover the corpse of a school girl buried in the garden.
An hour later in the Najimi houshold, a woman will be crying for her daughter while her husband yells at a police officer that there must have been mistake.
An hour and a half later, in the Yamada household, a boy will be sitting in his room alone. Tears will be streaming down his face as he looks at the pictures strewn out at his feet of him and a girl with bright orange pigtails while his sister stands at the doorway, not daring to enter.
Two hours later, in the Miyu household, a mother and father will be frantically making calls to their daughter's friends, hoping she's with one of them.
A recipient of one of these calls in the Haruka household will join the serch soon after.
All the while, a girl with bright red hair will sit at her computer, watching the chain reaction unfold, completely unknowing of the effect it will soon have on her.
And where is the cause of all of this?
Standing under a cherry tree with her lips pressed to her newest alibi.