Everything is Lost

As could be expected, a police investigation soon followed. Despite the entire courtyard full of witnesses all saying the same thing, police still did an in depth confrontation with everyone who had been present.
One by one, each student was called in for questioning, and even though the sessions were short they were still terrifying. It's not in the way that most would think though. The officers conducting the interrogations were very understanding and patient. No, the terrifying part was remembering it all.
Even the people who didn't know Kokona well had liked her. She was so sweet to everyone, and would never hurt a soul. There wasn't a single person who had been interrogated who didn't remember a time when Kokona had helped them out with something.
Budo had been in the front of the school waiting to be released when the officer called her father.
You could hear his crying from a mile away.
As for Saki... no one knew what to say. She was Kokona's best friend, her other half. They'd been like that since they were little. She was quiet, but nice. She had a big heart, and she loved to show it. Of all people... why her?
None of it made sense.
Budo waited outside for Ayano, who was still being held in the courtyard waiting for interrogation, when Taro came up to him.
"Hey." He said, sitting down next to him.
"Yo, what's up?" Budo scooted over, making a bit of room for the other boy. Taro gave a dry laugh.
"What isn't up at this point?" He sighed, shaking his head.
"Ha, I didn't know you felt that way about me." Budo joked half heartedly. Even at the worst of times, he was not above an inappropriate joke. To his surprise, Taro laughed.
"Thanks for that... I needed it." The other boy sighed. His smiled faded. "Hey Budo... do you think... that Saki killed Osana?"
Budo pursed his lips. He didn't know what to think anymore. Taro seemed to understand.
"Yeah... I thought so."
A few minutes passed, and soon Ayano came out. Budo smiled and waved at her.
She looked over and flushed bright red. He immediately felt bad for her. He knew that she had been reletivly close to both girls... he hoped that the officers hadn't been too hard on her. He waved goodbye to Taro and rushed over to her.
"Let's head over to your house..." Budo suggested. "I don't think tonight is a good night to go out..."