An authors note before the next chapter

Imma be real... I don't like Amai. She's actually my least favorite rival. I have absolutely no ideas on how to give her a deep personality that ties in nicely with the story. With that being said, her time here will be short. This does not mean that I won't give her the depth that all characters deserve... This just means she won't be getting in too deep. I promise I will do everything in my power to make her as interesting as I possibly can... But i also want to make this very clear. In yanderedev's new update, he said that he was purposely giving his protagonist no personality. As a fan fiction writer, this itself is a nightmare, and the struggle that I have with writing Ayano is the exact reason that I won't be keeping Amai in this story for long. They both are being built off of nothing. This goes for almost every character in this franchise, since personality and story were put on the back burner, but it's just very prominent in these two. They both have almost nothing to them, but in opposite ways. Ayano is an emotionally inept "sociopath", and nothing else. This is hard to write well. So, for my version, I tried my best to add depth and feelings, because this is not realistic (especially since you take into consideration that the developer has claimed that it is not the result of any mental illness or chemical imbalance). I've already broken a few of the basic character guide lines by letting her build a meaningful relationship with another character, have her have a mental breakdown due to an anxiety disorder, and have her show complex emotions. These sacrifices were made for a good story, or for a story that I hope will eventually be good. Now, Amai has the disadvantages of being a rival who gets no screen time, and with that being the rival with the least developed archetype. All the other rivals have a personality archetype that, while entirely stereotypical, can be molded. For example, Oka is an "emo" character. This is obviously her character model. But that also implies insecurities, her interest in the occult implies her being paranoid. Her being a loner implies she would be very loyal to her few friends. With that, bingo bongo! You have a deep character! But what archetype is Amai? She bakes. This means she knows how to cook.... That's all we got. Yeah... Difficult. So what's with the tangent? This is my way of urging those who have seen yanderedev's new video, and those who haven't, to try to convince him to invest a bit more time in personality for his characters. If you don't want to read a boring story, then you probably also don't want to play a boring game.
That's all, I promise the next chapter will be done soon! Stay cool my dudes 💚