26. Texas Bound?

"Texas?" I ask questioningly as I sit at Topanga's with Riley finishing off a bulochki the weekend after Valentine's Day.

"Yea why not?" Riley asks innocently trying to ignore my stare.

"Riles you know that I never meant to hurt you in Texas but it still happened" I say sadly as I look down at my plate playing with a crumb.

"I know that Maya. I let that go a long time ago."

"You don't think it's going to make you remember everything that happened. I mean Riles you were miserable that whole trip"

"I'm better now Maya. I trust Lucas and plus you're with Josh and I know you'd never cheat on him" she smirks making me throw a handful of crumbs at her. She laughs as we're joined by our boyfriends. I blush as Josh wraps his arm around me leaning down to kiss me briefly.

"Hey gorgeous" Josh says lovingly. As I look up at him I can't stop smiling as I think of Valentine's Day. His hands on my body my lips on his, my face heats up at the memory. I clear my throat trying to contain myself as I respond.

"Hey babe. How was class?" I ask causing Josh to roll his eyes.

"Who the hell thought that classes on Saturdays were a good idea?" he complains causing Riley and I to laugh.

"I wouldn't laugh, that's gonna be us in a few years." Lucas says matter of factly.

"Um no Ranger Rick. It's going to be you, Mr. Vet School. I'll be an art major and Riley what the hell are you doing?" I ask seriously curious. Riley had never shown interest in just one topic, she was pretty well rounded, she sorta enjoyed everything.

"I don't know" Riley says. "I mean I have one idea but it's stupid."

"No dream is stupid baby. What is it?" Lucas asks taking Riley's hand in his. I smile at the gesture seeing how much Lucas loved Riley, how the hell any of us ever thought it was anyone but her shocked me.

"I don't know. I was thinking maybe" she pauses for dramatic effect bringing her eyes back up. "Maybe teaching" she says as a smile pulls at her lips. I smile at my best friend. A teacher. Riley would honestly be an amazing teacher, she had so much to share with the world.

"I think it's a great idea Riles" I smile putting my hand over Lucas'.

"Me too" Josh says putting his hand over mine.

"Me three" Lucas says moving his hand to rest on top of Josh and I's hands. We all smile at each other for a long moment realizing I think for the first time that we were almost done with high school, that Josh was well on his way to earning his degree, and that life was changing whether we wanted it to or not. "So now that we've made a decision on our majors" Lucas says turning his attention to me raising an eyebrow questioningly.

"Texas?" I ask and Lucas nods his head. I sigh deeply and turn to look at my boyfriend. "What do you think?" I ask biting my lip nervously.

"A weekend practically alone with my girlfriend and I get to experience a new place. I think it's an amazing idea Maya" Josh says putting his hand over mine.

"The triangle" I whisper as I avert my eyes to the ground.

"Is over" Josh says raising my eyes to meet his. "Maya are you happy with me?" I nod my head yes making Josh smile as he turns his attention to Lucas. "Are you happy with your choice?"

"Of course I am" Lucas says looking at Riley as he grips her hand tightly.

"What about you Riley?" Josh asks looking at his niece worriedly.

"I'm fine. I want to go to Texas. Let's make better memories this time" Riley says brightly causing me to smile. A week away with my best friends and my boyfriend. An opportunity to make amazing life-long memories. Why not?

"Okay" I give letting out a deep breath. "Let's go to Texas" I smile before continuing. "But no campfires" I demand making everyone laugh.

"No campfires" Lucas agrees.

"Good. Then Texas here we come" I smile as I look around at my friends. This summer was going to be amazing.

Short filler chapter. There may be a few random filler chapters before they actually get to Texas but the bright-side is that after my test tomorrow I have a lot of downtime until the weekend so I'll probably be updating a few times this week. Hope you all liked the chapter even though it was pretty boring. Don't forget to vote and comment.