51. Visiting Morgan

We leave first thing in the morning to go see Morgan. Only two can go in at once and it's family only so I'm stuck in the waiting room while Josh goes in with Riley.

"Good morning" Amy says as she walks over to me taking a seat beside me.

"Hi Mrs. Matthews" I reply politely as I glance back at the door wishing Josh would come save me.

"You do realize my son will never pick you" Amy says making me snap my head back to look at her.

"I'm sorry, pick me? With all due respect Mrs. Matthews, I'm in love with your son and he's in love with me. We're moving in together this fall, he gave me a promise ring. I'm pretty sure he's already picked me" I reply as she shakes her head.

"People fall out of love, people move, and rings can be taken off. You're fun. You are a pretty young thing that he is fascinated by. Once the fascination wears off you'll go back to being Riley's little friend, her Shawn and need I remind you, Shawn didn't end up with Morgan" she smirks as she stands up, walking away.

"Excuse me?" my dad asks quickly as he catches Amy's hand. I didn't realize he was standing behind me but he was and he does not look happy. "Amy that's my daughter you're talking to" he says sternly.

"Shawn honey it was no disrespect to you" she says sweetly.

"You just told my daughter she was a shiny toy that Josh was using before he found another one. That sounds pretty disrespectful."

"What's going on?" Josh asks as he walks back into the room.

"Nothing" I say quickly as I stand up, walking over to my dad. "Daddy drop it."

"No. Josh how do you feel about my daughter?" he asks seriously as he turns to face my boyfriend.

"I love her" he says simply. "Why?"

"Dad I'm used to it. It's not a big deal."

"That's a big deal. You shouldn't be used to this Maya" my dad says seriously. "We're going home."

"What?" Josh and I exclaim in unison. I glance over at Josh who look utterly confused.

"I'm not gonna stay here and let her talk about you this way. Now Maya." And with that I know there's no arguing so I follow after my dad. Away from Josh.