56. Making Plans

"So are you coming over to get ready for prom or am I picking you up from Riley's?" Josh asks as he and I lounge on the couch a couple weeks later. Prom was next weekend so we were finalizing all our plans.

"I'm getting ready at Riley's. You and the rest of the guys are coming to pick us up" I smile as I get up, walking over to the kitchen to get a bag of chips. "Have you thought at all about what we should do after prom?" I ask as I lean against the wall of the kitchen looking over at him.

"What do you mean? Like are you sleeping over? I kinda figured you would" he shrugs as I bite my lip, putting a chip into my mouth.

"Not exactly" I reply nonchalantly.

"Then what exactly do you mean gorgeous?" he asks curiously as I walk back over to the couch.

"We're not cliché" I say seriously causing him to laugh.

"No babe we certainly are not" he says amused.

"So would it be bad if we were totally cliché and had sex after prom?" I ask as his eyes widen making me chew my bottom lip nervously.

"Um" he stutters as he rubs the back of his neck. "Are you sure? That's like next week" he says as a laugh escapes my lips.

"Josh I've been sure for two years" I reply truthfully as I pop another chip into my mouth. "Unless you aren't sure."

"No I'm more than sure. Also more than nervous" he adds with a laugh.

"Josh I've told you a million times, as long as it's with you it's gonna be perfect" I assure him as I lean over to kiss him. "Now I'm gonna go take a shower. I'll see you in a bit" I add as I climb off the couch.

*************************************************************************************

"I'm back" I shout as I walk into my house finding my mom on the couch, my dad walking back in the living room.

"Hey kiddo. How was Josh's?" my dad asks as he sits beside my mom.

"It was fine. We just talked about prom" I shrug as my dad's jaw clenches.

"Do we need to have a talk about that?" my mom asks making a blush rise on my cheeks as I bite my lip.

"I hope not" I reply awkwardly. "Please don't make me have this conversation."

"Maya if you are planning on" my dad starts but I cut him off.

"I'm eighteen. I've had health class. I got it. I know all about protection and risks and all of it. Thanks though" I say quickly.

"You love him right?" my mom asks as I let go of my breath I didn't know I was holding as I smile.

"I wouldn't consider it if I didn't."

"Okay" my mom sighs. "By the way I'm coming with to Riley's that morning. Topanga and I are helping with hair" she adds as I smile.

"Yay. I miss my mom time" I reply truthfully as I walk over to her, leaning down to give her a hug. "I love you mom."

"I love you too baby girl."

A/N: This is the last update before Girl Meets Goodbye airs tomorrow. I still have five more chapters plus an epilogue (that will be published on Josh's B-Day :D) left to publish but I just wanted to take a minute to thank all of you for reading my story. Girl Meets World is a show that found me during a rough time in my life and watching the show and writing fanfiction helped me smile and feel good again. With the show coming to an end tomorrow I just wanted to take a minute to thank all of you. I never thought my story would get more than ten views and now it's hit 10K!! It seems unreal and you will never know how much it means to me that you all love this story. So keep reading, voting, commenting, but most of all, keep loving Girl Meets World and Joshaya :)