Eight

Strumming my pain with his fingers,

Singing my life with his words,

Killing me softly with his song,

Killing me softly.

-

Harry has never felt so torn in between excitement to talk and extreme awkwardness. Louis was amazing, randomly commenting about silly signboard commercials and the music that was playing on the radio. Whilst all Harry could do was nod in reply to basically everything.

"You all right there, Harry?" Louis asked suddenly, looking at Harry with concern in his eyes. "You haven't spoken a word since we've got in the car."

"Uhm...j-just a b-bit tongue tied is all." Harry says, mentally slapping himself for stuttering. Be normal in front of Louis once! Harry smiled at Louis, nervously fiddling around.

"I won't bite you know." Louis teases. "Unless you ask me to, I mean." He winks. Harry laughs out loud at that, he's seen that line in one romance novel too many. His eyes scrunch up adorably and his dimples show.

"Right!" Louis laughs, seemingly glad to have elicited that reaction from Harry

"Right!" Louis laughs, seemingly glad to have elicited that reaction from Harry. "Properly too inappropriate to say to someone my sister's age."

"Heyyy I'm almost sixteen!" Harry pouted.

"And I'm going to be twenty one soon. Ah, how time flies." Louis smiles. Harry did the math in his head, a five year age difference was okay. Cara's comment about how Louis was more matured and experienced made Harry's heart race. Fuck.

"Old man." Harry bites back a grin as he teases Louis.

"Don't mess with me kiddo!" Louis snarled and shoved Harry playfully. Perfect, they've reached the banter stage of their relationship. "I'm only five years older."

"Plus I'm more mature than ye child. Could pick up a thing or two from me." Louis scoffs, unaware from how his one statement made Harry's imagination go wild.

"Oh look who's so grown up." Harry teases, rolling his eyes. "I mean I almost couldn't tell, we're almost the same height!" And yes, Harry pulled out the big guns.

You know how you've reached that high a level of desperate to flirt that you tease your crush about basically everything like you're a kid in primary school with your first crush? Harry was that smitten. Hopefully Louis would take it well.

"What did you just say, Harold?"

"Nothing too big, much like you." Harry giggled. There was a glint of something, Harry couldn't quite pinpoint what it was -anger? humour?- in Louis' eyes that urged him to continue.