Nine

Falling for someone,

Is losing your footing and tripping.

The place you land,

Either plush warm blankets to keep safe and warm,

Or a bed of needles that will hurt you not just skin deep.

-

Upon further inspection, which included not only observing but also smelling, Harry was pretty sure this was Louis' bike. Considering the helmet smelled like sweat, slightly spicy cologne and clean shampoo. Cara doubled over when she saw Harry sniffing the helmet all creepy-like.

After Cara calmed down, Harry unlocked his front door and walked into the house, yelling his usual greeting to his mum. Two voices answered him though. The other sounding very much like Louis.

"Harold!" Harry near passed out when he saw Louis on his couch, cross legged with a half nibbled cookie in his hand, next to his fluffy white cat and mother watching the Discovery Channel. What a homey sight.

"Well well, who's this?" Cara says, already making her way to the living room with Kendall in tow. Harry makes a face, this was going to be embarrassing.

Before Louis replies, Harry's mum steps in.

"Harry dear, Louis came over a bit earlier looking for you. He's a lovely chap, made me great tea. Good company he is."

What who why huh?

"Aw Anne! You're making me blush, it's really no big deal." Louis laughs.

Anne? They're on a first name basis now? Harry just stands rooted at the spot, thinking of any possible reason why Louis would be at his house looking for him.

"Well Hazzabear, aren't you gonna come say hello?" Anne asks, bringing the curly haired lad back to earth. Louis sits on the couch with a cheeky grin, looking at Harry as if to say "well?"

With all the attention focused on himself, Harry toyed with the ends of his curls.

"Louis."

"Hazzabear." Of course he would use the nickname. Harry pouted at Louis who simply stuck out his tongue like a kid. Honestly, the more Harry got to know Louis, he seemed to either be a man child who had the playful attitude of a toddler or serious and daddy as fuck. It was endearing and made him like the man more than he should have.

"Shove off." Harry mumbled weakly.

"So you're Louis. The Louis." Cara said pointedly, giving Louis a once over. "Huh, you really are fit."

"Are all your friends this flattering, Harry? First that Eleanor girl and now this..." Louis snapped his fingers, "what's your name, love?"

Love. Harry felt something deflate within him. Right, Louis called everyone that,  the knowledge didn't make him feel any happier though.

"Cara."

"Cara. Thanks for the compliment, they seem to keep rolling in after I met little Hazzabear here." Louis says, talking to Cara but looking intently at Harry. "My lucky charm, aren't you, Harry."

"If you say so." Harry sing songed nervously. "So what brings you here anyway?"

"Well I enjoyed your company the last time we met and was bored after drama class ended today I thought I'd pop by...to see if you wanted to hang out?" Louis asks, hesitating little at the end.