Three

Riding in the passenger seat in Chanyeol's sterling silver lamborghini, Sehun leaned heavily against the door. With the top down, the afternoon breeze helped eased some of the pounding that begun between his temples after he'd made his way back to his car. The pumping beats of "Lotto" played in the background. EXO made his ears bleed, but Chanyeol was obsessed with D.O., so he tolerated his cousin's abhorrent taste of music as they sped up the road that led to the Oh Family Estate.

Breathing in, he sighed, "Thanks for picking me up. I'm too high to drive."

A snort was Chanyeol's response, in addition to, "And apparently you decided taking a swim fully clothed was a good idea. No more weed for you, Hunnie."

Sehun slanted a glance at his cousin in his green sweater-vest and khakis. Chanyeol possessed the dark hair and wide eyes that came with being a Oh. A devasting combination wasted on the ladies since he had been battling for the other team since elementary. Chanyeol never hid his sexuality, but Seoul being what it was, most of its residents chose to ignore it, or maybe they were just downright clueless. Cases in point: their fathers. Both men kept settling Chanyeol up with anything in a skirt. Good thing his mother was all for his choices.

"You know I'm pretty much dry, right?" A smile tugged at his lips. "But if this is your way of trying to get me to pay for your car's cleaning, then you don't have to worry. As soon as I get home, I'll make the call."

Instead of taking the bait, Chanyeol said, "What happened at the restaurant that inspired your afternoon dip? Weren't you supposed to meet up with Irene today?"

The beginnings of his humor disappeared. So much for some light banner. He had completely forgotten that he'd told Chanyeol about his lunch plans.

"Irene fell in love with me," he said simply.

"Considering the meat market we live in, you, my dear, are a porterhouse steak. How could she not want a taste?"

"And you're prime rib."

"I see myself more like filet mignon," he laughed. "And I'm fabulous."

"That you are."

"Don't you forget it."

But when Chanyeol sighed, Sehun knew he was in for some lecturing. He braced himself by sitting up and resting his elbow on the door frame so he could lean his thrumming temples against his fingertips. Closing his eyes and sending a silent prayer that his buzz would last, he gestured for his cousin to continue with the flogging.

Instead Chanyeol said, "Do you want to talk about it?"

His eyebrows rose. "What? Nothing on how I should stop playing around and find a girl to settle down with?"

"Hell no. We're way too young for that. I say Irene had it coming. You know I never liked her."

Relief came out of Sehun's mouth. He would've taken a bullet for Chanyeol. Having him in his corner had saved him from the deep pit of misery the death of his mother had plunged him into that first year. Being an only child, Sehun hadn't had anyone else to count on. At least Chanyeol had his sister, Kai and their parents. When Sehun's father had traded common sense for defensive walls so impregnable he had no time for his child, there had been days their refrigerator had nothing in it but cheese and sriracha. His uncle hadn't hesitated to bring Sehun home like a stray animal after discovering what he was living on.

 His uncle hadn't hesitated to bring Sehun home like a stray animal after discovering what he was living on