Twenty

In Kai's room the day of Sehun's birthday, Suzy danced to a pop song she didn't know the title of. The catchy tune was pumped in from magical speakers she couldn't see. How much cooler could this room get?

The female twin had kidnapped her for some styling before the party that night. They had worn face masks, painted their nails. There might have been singing into brushes at one moment.

"Here it is!" Kai said as she carried a dress bag into her room.

"Let me see, let me see," Suzy squealed, clapping her hands as she jumped in place.

Kai unzipped the bag and pulled it aside to reveal the dress. Suzy's squeal turned into a breathy "Ooooh." A spaghetti strap dress came in a beautiful skin color tone. The glitters faded as it descends the dress. The heart-shaped neckline would skim her collarbone just perfect. The gown was delicate and sexy at the same time. She loved it.

"I think my brother outdid himself this time," Kai commented, equally as breathless

"I think my brother outdid himself this time," Kai commented, equally as breathless. "You'll look stunning in it."

Suzy couldn't stop staring, memorized by the way the light bounced off the sparkles. "It's so pretty."

But before she could touch it, Kai zipped the bag right up and laid it out on her bed. "More time to swoon over it later." She took Suzy's hand and guided her to the vanity. "It's time for makeup. I will make you so drop-dead gorgeous all eyes will be on you tonight."

Suzy's legs shook nervously as she sat in front of the mirror. A million clips secured her hair away from her face, which was currently being used as a canvas by Kai. She rubbed her hands against her thighs. Anxiety moved swiftly beneath her skin like fast cars on the highway without polices in sight to apprehend them.

Despite the excess energy, fatigue still clung to her like a wet shirt. She had barely finished Sehun's gift in time. The impulse to get the image just right consumed her, body and soul. The last thing she wanted was to disappoint him.

"Are you sure the painting got there?" she asked for the fifth time.

The pretty female smiled at her patiently in the mirror. The bright vanity lights highlighted the elegant lines of her face. So mysterious. So elegant. Suzy had to remind herself not to touch Kai's face, no matter how much she wanted to. Because that would seem like kinds of weird.

"Suzy, I know you're nervous, but you need to relax or I won't get your makeup just right. Chanyeol texted me that your painting is in a place of honor among the gifts. Don't worry," she said, encouragingly. "When did you started painting?"

Suzy shrugged. "When I was in second grade. My mom brought me along to one of those free painting classes at the community center."

"I'd love to see your sometime." Kai set aside the brush she had been suing to glide foundation onto Suzy's face, then picked up a smaller one for concealer and got to work.