68 • Stefan & Caroline

For RosieLynch124 , hope it's okay :D Sorry about the wait!

Imagine Caroline going into labor and Damon helping Stefan to get everything prepared.

------------------------------------------

It was around mid morning when it happened, Caroline gasped in shock. Feeling the liquid run down her leg, luckily she had been at the Boarding house, knowing that the baby was coming.

"Stefan?" Caroline called out into the large house, however there was no reply from him. Instead Damon emerged from his room and raised an eyebrow. He hadn't been the most supportive through her pregnancy and thought of it a weak move on his brother's part, giving his enemies something to target. Although Stefan never listen to Damon, it was something that he'd always wanted and it was happening. Now.

"What is it?" Damon questioned and frowned at the growing wet patch forming.

"M-my water's broke. Where's Stefan?" She breathed heavily, trying to contain her nerves.

"Isn't it a bit early? I thought you still had 2 weeks?" He asked in confusion as she sighed.

"Well sometimes things don't go to plan Damon, you should know that." She snapped and he glared at her. "I'm sorry, I'm just trying not to freak out right now. Where is Stefan?" Caroline asked for the third time.

"He had to go out of town to track down the witch that's going to help deliver this baby." Damon scratched his head before his eyes widened. "Wait if you're going into labor then what are we going to do?" He suddenly panicked as Caroline scoffed.

"Just ring Stefan please." She whined and started towards the bathroom to clean up herself and change into some dry clothes.

"Okay okay." Damon sighed and picked up his phone, clicking on Stefan's number and listening to the monotonous ringing.

"Damon?" Stefan asked when he picked up, that's when Damon remembered what Stefan had said before he left. Don't ring me unless it's an emergency. So that's why he sounded so worried.

"Stefan you have to come back right now." Damon ordered.

"What? Why? What's happening?" Damon could practically hear the panic flooding into Stefan's voice.

"Because... Caroline's going into labor. Right now!" He hissed into the phone after taking a long deep breath.

"Oh god, okay Damon I'll be back in an hour. But you need to call ahead to the hospital, and when you get there you have to compel the doctors. If they see anything strange like her heart rate or the fact that she heals so fast after being hurt, they might stop and I'm not putting Caroline or the baby's life at risk. Also close off the room so that nobody apart from the compelled doctors or me can enter." Stefan ordered as his breathing became shallow.

"Okay Stefan calm down, I've got this." Damon reassured his panicking brother.

"How is this going to work without a witch? What if it doesn't Damon? Have you ever seen a vampire baby? What if it dies or kills Caroline? Or the doctors? Or anyone?" Stefan rushed over his own words.

"Seriously it's going to be fine. Think about it, people have been delivering babies even since before the Originals were around, if we compel the doctors then it will be fine." Damon muttered into the phone and could hear the sound of an engine roaring coming through the phone.

"Alright I'm on my way. I'll be there as soon as possible." Stefan answered before hanging up the phone.

Damon stood stunned as Caroline came back into the room, the look she was giving him confirmed that she had heard the entire conversation.

"S-so there's not going to be a w-witch?" Caroline stuttered as Damon swallowed thickly.

"Uh n-no there's not. But don't worry we have a plan, Stefan will be here in an hour." Damon nodded, but Caroline didn't look convinced. "Okay what do we need to take to the hospital?" He asked as Caroline scoffed.

"Shouldn't you know this?" She questioned as he looked slightly confusion.

"Well no because I'm not the Salvatore that's about to become a dad." He grumbled sarcastically as she rolled her eyes before groaning as the pulses of the first contraction slowly began to run through her body.

"Get some baby clothes, carseat, carrier, diapers..." She carried on listing things as Damon already sped around the house at lightning speed, grabbing the various items on the way.

"Okay get in the car!" Damon ordered as she rushed over to the passenger seat, strapping herself in as Damon climbed into the driving seat. "I've called the hospital so there's a room ready for you when we get there." Damon explained as he started up the car and swiftly pulled away from the drive, Caroline wincing as another contraction washed over her body. Her heart rate was increasing by the second and sweat was beginning to form on her forehead. "We're nearly there, I promise. Just try not to panic too much." Damon encouraged as Caroline nodded.

Momentarily afterwards they pulled up to the hospital, abandoning the car in a space carelessly. Damon got out of the car before helping Caroline out next, guiding her towards the entrance of the maternity ward.

"Room 24, over there." Damon mumbled as a nurse came over to help Caroline into the room.

Once Caroline was comfortably on the bed and safely in the hands of the midwives, Damon checked the time. There was still 20 minutes before Stefan would get there, then he remembered what Stefan had asked him to do. Damon tapped on one of the nurses arms and she turned to face him, he looked deep into her eyes as his pupils dilated.

"You will focus on delivering the baby safely and healthily, not being bothered by any strange behaviour from Caroline, myself, Stefan or even the baby." He compelled her before repeating the action with the other midwives.

"Hey! I'm here!" Stefan suddenly burst in, one of the nurses shutting the doors behind him.

"Hey oh my god how did you get here so fast?" Caroline asked from where she lay on the bed, the nurse working on booking her up to a heart rate monitor.

"I may have been speeding to get here." Stefan shrugged and walked over to her side. "I'm just glad that you're safe." He smiled at Caroline, noticing the shake in her hand. "It's all going to be okay, we will do this without a witch and it'll be over in no time." Stefan encouraged, surprising Damon by how positive he was being. A stark contrast from their previous phone call.

"Okay I'll be waiting outside." Damon nodded to the door, making a mental note to keep this part of the ward clear of people.

"Thank you Damon, for everything." Stefan nodded to him as Damon curtly returned the gesture before opening the door and closing it behind him. Stefan turned his attention back to Caroline and squeezed her hand lightly.
"Now let's deliver this baby."

------------------------------

Wow guys this is the 150th part!!! I can't believe that! I have loads of imagines to do which I can't wait for you all to read.

Also thank you for 520k!!!

Stay Weird

Abnormal2Weird