Chapter 1

Time rewinds for some

If you could describe what a void feels like it would start with total and complete blackness, and that feeling swelled around me. Feeling a pitch shadowless void fill me up with a new ache. Like when your legs are just too tired to carry you, and your head is just a little too heavy for your poor neck. When your so tired but your body forces you to move. I felt like that.

"Since- wha did I eat a balloon?" My voice was much higher I rubbed my neck. I glanced about to see scorch marks all around me like a circle no an explosion, and looking above me was what if looked like a forest actually colossal canopy of bamboo. If only Sam could see this, but how? Where was I?

"How did I get here?" I asked myself standing up I found myself dusting off soot and ash to see only noticing that my shirt on me was too big. For some reason, I felt like crying my body felt too small. But biting my lip, I traced my steps.

"I came home, after ghost hunting. Ate dinner, released the ghosts into the ghost zone. Then I.. went upstairs.." My head ached, the memories were becoming like a static T.V and it looks like I didn't have a good enough receiver. To remember the important details...

I walked out from where I woke up only there was just more bamboo. I noticed how hot it was, I must have still had my powers. "Going ghost!" I shouted two white rings started out, went up an inch then went back down and diffused. "Huh!" How could I not have my ghost powers?!

I started to run, out of panic or what. I bolted not looking where I was going

Suddenly I tripped, crashing forward. I started to cry, like a good one. Like the kind that forces you to inhale for a second or two. Before letting out the wail.

Suddenly i felt someone running towards me, "Stay Away! Leave me alone!" I cried, screaming louder as the sound of broken sticks and bush rustling came closer.

Then a brush of bushes ahead of me, in the thick bamboo scared me even more. I cried even softer. But a cooeing voice came out. I sniffed the air, it smelt like a human.

A kind sounding voice comes out of the bush. It's an older woman, her eyes have seen the years, her skin tanned from being in the long run, but nice green eyes on her aging face. "Sai'qwa twut chai?" She gasps and runs towards me.

"Uhm excuse me can you tell me where I am?" I asked. "Hmm," I think we speak two different languages? "Hold on, can you speak English? English?"

"Fralou gho, rtea y qwao mala?" She asked I shook my head. I couldn't understand her at all.

"Oh joy, look lady could you please help me?" She only shook her head at me. "Can You" I pointed at her "Help me," I said pointing at myself. Try asking if they can't understand you. Upon her kind face formed a frowned. Then she took my hand and lead me out of the forest. I follow with her. She leads me over to a basket filled with nuts and roots. Then she turned and pointed at the roots.

First a reddish-brown like a ginger red potatoes "Nyuk" then a brown spindly one "squat" she said. Then pointed ar her mouth and smiled. These roots must be okay to eat then.

Shortly later we found a small village, the houses were close together, but the lady who held my hand fast by her side continued into the small village. What would I define as small the houses were long and short, but that was it? They looked primitive. The kind made by heavy clay and straw-ish roofing, but there was one main building, this one had a brick tile roof instead of the straw.

"Xhue? Tuw y gho Xhue? Qwao mala? R ghou mala ni?" A petite pale-faced woman asked. She pointed at me earlier, I tried to understand, thinking back... mala? Mother? Gho must mean boy?

"Nar susu, Lanai" said shaking her head. I blinked blank-eyed. She pulled and carried on following on a pathway. I was stared at, doe-eyed I didn't understand. The village kids looked at very oddly and kept pointing at their hair. Is there something wrong? With me?

I looked up at her, pulling on her sleeve, she looked down at me smiling. I hit my thumb on my chest. "Danny Fenton!" She then pointed at her self.

"Mala" I nodded. I will call her mala from now on. There on top of a hill was a shack of a sort, with a close pin with laundry hanging on the wind. She stopped and pointed. "Home, this is home Danny," she said, I nearly jumped one-second I couldn't understand a word but now I did. But how.

"Home?" She nodded. I walked in, there was a small cooking area, the shack had most of the basic needs. Except for running water, a larger barrel was outside, which must have been a storage area for water. The place looked as though it was preparing for a harsh winter.

"Danny, tetu'ua" she said pulling her arms to her calling me over. I walked over, only for her to yank my only source of clothes right off. She turned around and me what I suppose was some sort of underwear.

"Thank you," I said, she didn't respond, so I put on the underwear, it itched terribly.

She gasped when some of the scars on my body, all the cuts, and bruises. She frowned looking at my arms and legs, what was on my chest and back. "Yalu Danny, yalu Danny," she said. I frowned, not wanting her to feel bad about how my body looked.

She then handed me shorts, but the shirt she handover was like a dress but cut just before the shorts did. I looked at myself by somewhat twirling. It was a brownish base color, but very detailed green designs decorated it. "Thankyou Mala!" I yelled. Hugging her tightly.

"No-no Danny, listen to me" she put her hands on her chest moving them to the sound of her voice." say Thankyou for the clothes Mother" I craned my head. Okay, can do! I nodded.

"Thank you for the clothes mom!" She held me tight, she wasn't mom... But she was a new mom. And I should try to understand what was going on here, or at least around.

She took me and placed me in her straw bed, and both of us had the night take us into a world of dreamless sleep. She held me close, it made me wonder did she have any children herself? To have readily available clothing, was odd in particular to fit me. I shrugged trying to fall back asleep.