Chapter 3

Everyone was safe before
The Firenation attacked

I would like to say that my first year was kind of difficult especially winter, but I like the cold. Way of life is peaceful thats good because things here in this world are much more satisfying, well no more ghost hunting thats for sure It's a vacation with growing pains. Not dealing with ghosts or trying to comprehend the intensity of differences of how the Ghost zone is opposite of the Human realm, but I really love this place even if I had to regrow to be eight years old right?

I liked the soft kisses of the breeze on my face or listening to leaves dancing in the winds graceful ballet. I had smelt something fresh almost spicy or indignant in the air a-campfire of sorts, but I hadn't seen smoke, but it could have been just about anyone cooking in the village. I would often climb in these tall tree's, overlooking the village in its peace I took out my lunch and started to gobble down the steamed rice and rabbit meat mom made.

I'm never really sure about my age I always just assumed it-that I must be eight, I had gotten a bit taller. I couldn't wrap my head around why I didn't know or understand at the beginning why I was suddenly understanding the language days latter Clockwork only knows, sometimes I think Time has too much time on his hands... He was odd... but so too am I odd.

"This probably work of Clockwork himself". I grumbled eating some of the steamed rice Mom made. My now white hair needed trimming again or wouldn't be able to hunt any of the white-tailed mouse-rabbits.

I sat up from the tree, wiping my forehead from the sweat. I liked this little village, I also want to be home again though. "Hey whispy, gonna come join us?" Jet called, surprising me almost making me drop my food. I turned and looked down at Jet chewing on some field grass.

I waved my hand, "maybe after lunch.. depends, what'cha want to do later?" I asked he shrugged I took three big bites of the rice before hopping down.

"I heard Fire-nation forces have been scouting the area!" Jet whispered, "D'ya think they might come to our Earth kingdom village?" He asked, looking worried.

"What do the Firenation want with us? Most of us are farmers and only Lee's family has earth benders... It's not like we could defend ourselves." I shrugged, "bet its just rumors anyway."

"Well uh I don't know, so you gonna go hunting, or gonna play with us?" Jet asked. "If you don't want to thats fine too."

"NoNo I.. do! But Mom needed some pelts winter is getting near if I get lucky I'll let you know." I said, patting him on the back. Running out to the village.

"See you later! Maybe! Get Luck WHISPY!" Jet shouted, I slightly smiled.

I took off to our little house-shack, grabbed my hunting gear, which was some medicine a bow with few good arrows, my camo-cover to keep me hidden and a hat to keep my hair hidden and the sun out of my face.

"You heading out?" I nearly jumped out of my skin.

"You scared me! Hehe, yes I am gonna get some rabbits. I'll be back in a bit, promise." I said trying to make a run for the door.

"Wait, Danny take this. You know I worry when you leave okay." She gave me a small neckless with a little metal work design of an air nomad symbol. I looked surprised, I thought these were all gone.

"Woah where'd ya find something like this?" I asked she laughed just a bit.

"I was grabbing some more red ginger roots when a bird dropped this right next to me. Thought you might like something like this." She turned to put her basket down.

"Its noon so I might be back home by or around-sh ahh umm by sunset? If thats fine with you. Because Jet wanted to go play with him and the others." I asked fitting my small little sword in. It's made of ore I found near a cave by a bamboo forest.

I walked into the forest, and an old memory of mine popped back into my head.

"Xhue, why do you care so much for some discarded spirit touched boy. Probably for good reason too." I held my down, as mom held my hand fast, and tight. Asaihu laughed, smirking at us both.

"He is but a child, much like my first. But unlike his family, I won't abandon others! Thats not who I am Asaihu, you should know that my brother and son protected and did not abandon their post... So neither will I abandon this child." I looked up, watching her stand up in a proud, sturdy mother.

"Something that needed life for a spirit just to hang on... Abandoned so you can take care of already rejected toys just like you and your brother Shoi. I won't speak ill of your son, Mushi. I'm not that heartless"

Looking up at the sky, it looked as though it was becoming near midday almost evening. I sighed, nothing much other than birds that were too small to call a meal. Where are the Fox-deer, or the raccoon-rats?

I shook my head not wanting to remember any more. Deciding to use some of my ghostly energy to find or rather sense living energy around me. I stood silently grabbing my bow. Eyes closed sensing for a specific heartbeat... Found you

I spun around grabbing an arrow from my quiver, I aimed to take a final shot. Thud The Mouse rabbit, had been killed. I picked up and pulled the arrow out. I put inside my satchel, alright, two canary-squirrels might as well.

I breathed in and out, I needed the cold winter core for a second. I felt the forest form on my fingers I breathed slowly I need needles and that would do me well. I formed in my mind when I opened my eyes two sowing needle-shaped ice shards floated in front of me. I picked the two, slowly arching my arm I used my quick-strike precision to hit the birds.

But.. something felt wrong, a low thunder. The sky was neither dark nor gray. No sight of the rain, I didn't see any bugs down and it wasn't overly humid... Fear made me drop down, I pressed my face into the ground.

It was the march of the firenation, I felt woozy. I heard the old men say what happened to the southern water tribe, and what happened to the air nomads. I scowled, picking the birds up, tossing them into my bag.

Looking around, it was getting late, starting to run, I held my own bolting to where I needed to go, I pushed above my limits, dark edges crept crawled on the corners of my sight as the sun slowly sank into the setting sky. "Come on Danny! Moove!" I yelled before tripping and sliding down parts of the hill that leads back to the village.

"Oh no!" I yelled the firenation had begun its attack, the homes and houses were on fire, I held in my scream as poor lee's body lay burnt and charred. Mom! Mom! I rushed over to our home, which stood burning. Tears fell, come on! "Mom! Mom! You in there? Please answer!" I cried.

"Danny, help" a faint cry for help, I turned and looked to see her trapped under the burning wood.

"I'm here take my hand mom, please take it!" I yelled, she reached over pushing her arm forward, our fingers touched. She looked up and then looked down on me.

"I love you" she grabbed my hand pushed forward and shoved me out of the house. Then the roof collapsed on top of her.

"NOOOoooo Xhue! Mom! NOOoo" I cried, tears fell on my face. The pain... Her sacrifices for me, our time as a family. The way she hugged me, how she kissed my head goodnight. She was a strong proud mother. Now hatred fermented deep within my form, with every exhale rage expunged like poisonous vapor I was a kettle and my spite was the pot. My spirit cauldron brewed malice.

Then two white rings pushed up over my body, nothing really changed but my eyes glowed the sickly green. I hissed, letting out a Scream I charged the soldiers, beating each and every single one. Before retreating, I stood in defeat. My home, now gone for good...