Chapter 4

Spirit's boy?

"Pardon, me sir. How much I owe you?" I asked the shopkeeper dropping my coin bag on the counter. I haven't made any eye contact with anyone in this place. I thought I'd find something in this place. Though seeing what's left of a giant ice wonder isn't so bad. 

"s-" Maybe it was a "si-"good Idea getting "EXCUSE ME!" the shopkeeper yelled. "Sir! You owe me twelve copper pieces!" The ShopKeeper shouted, I merely nodded picking out the pieces from my coin bag. Sitting down, trying to cool me Who knew the desert was a hot place. And also trying to look inconspicuous is a lot harder than it looks. But everyone was having the same amount of luck as I.

I sipped on some juice, I noticed that a scholar I could tell by his clothing that and he was being nosey into his book, and not paying attention. Anything can happen, he won't miss a few missing coins. I stood up in secret, I headed in his direction almost like I was going to order some of the fruit smoothies, and before I could grab his coins a group of kids entered in. Oh, I eyed them, looking them up and down, but they would never know my hat hindered their view of my face. Two water tribe the older one looks to be the brother of the girl, and they're tagged along with what looks to be one earthbender... and one color I didn't recognize. I stepped back leaning on a post nearby listening.

"Hey, guys! Let's get one of those!" The unknown boy said. He had tattoos arrows on his head which lead down to his back. And there were also arrows on his hands. I stayed my hand, full attention on him. Then recalled what an old healer said.

"The Avatar is an Airbender, heard he took out a whole firenation fleet, far in the north. Supposedly he has arrows on his head and looks young too young actually." An old woman said. I had already forgotten her name was, but if in fact, if he was the avatar he might help me get back home. To Sam, Tucker, Mom, Dad, and of course Jazz. I tipped my hat to better watch them in much more conceited interest as the scene rolled in, the group had already troubled the tunnel-visioned scholar. However, what he said caught my attention.

"Well, I'm looking for a library. But it seems to be lost in the sands of time here..." he said rubbing his chin. Why a library-a library in the middle of the desert?

"So what's great about this library then?" The oldest of the group said, one of the water tribe.

"Well it's the spirits library, they say that the spirits have collected knowledge over thousands of years." The Scholar type answered the young earth girl. Oh, joy what fun I will have me and my ice core in the desert... I was already hating the heat to being with.

"What's so great about books?" The young-earth girl asked. Crossing her arms and not making any eye-contact. Strange, I couldn't see what her eyes looked like, her dark hair covered it like was a cover. I walked closer to hear the conversation better. Making her take notice.

"This library is more valuable than gold, little lady. It is said to contain a vast collection of knowledge, and knowledge is priceless." He pointed at his map, "But I have traveled all over the Si wong desert, and still have not found it." The scholar said sadly.

Then I stood up, walking to the group. Placing six gold coins in the oldest hands. "I'll pay six more if you take me there, will you please Avatar." I walked closer to the group grabbing my coin bag shaking it in front of them. The look of his face turned to shock before slowly changing into suspicion. "There might be something useful to us both, or that you seek of something I have?"

"Do I know you?" He asked, everyone, got weapons out or bending stances. I shook my head, put my hands up, letting him know I was going to speak. Slightly worried, but I kept my cool. Probably should've said that better. I put my hands up in defense-I held a smirk on my face.

"No, but we know someone. Or at least the spirit part of you does." The Avatar put his hand on the backs of his friends.

"Who Kou? I wouldn't consider that a friend." He said, confronting me personally. He hissed like he rather is somewhere or anywhere else than standing and talking with me. But that was a fair opinion in his case. A mysterious boy standing in front of him, acting like he knew and should be trusted by this said stranger.

"No, we have Time. He knows, but I'm pretty sure thats all we have in common, I think?" He suddenly tensed up, sweat rolled down my forehead. "Honestly I don't remember much... just one thing remember, He told me that I was sent here to aid you." I dropped down into a kneel., still hiding my face. "I'll leave right after, but... I want to remember how I got to this place. If, that's fair to ask?"

"You pay double or you're not coming, and the professor stays with us. I'd rather not trust some bandit type with a professor." The older boy said, stopping Aang from speaking a word. Guess it was for the better. I nodded, following them I looked over at the professor who nearly just wide-eyed me the whole entire time.

"You two stay here, we will come and pick you up. We'll be right back, Sokka can you stay and watch these two?" Aang asked, as Sokka, guessing the brother of the water tribe girl. Then Aang and the water tribe girl and the earth kingdom girl left. I sighed causing 'Sokka' to instantly look at me.

"So Who are you anyway?" He rubbed his chin. I shrugged, then the professor grabbed my hat, right off my head.

"Y-you?!" he gasped, my white hair cut short but still moved from the ever so breezy but still very much hot dry wind, Sokka took more interest his eyes lowered. "You're the spirited boy?! the one who killed a Firenation Raiders!" Sokka then took his boomerang to use as a weapon. I knelt down to the ground and bowed, which made Sokka step back. We both were uncomfortable.

"I'm not here to kill, harm, trap, capture, or anything your thinking of right now, to the avatar I swear!" I said, head still in the sand. "I only killed them, they came into the village and they killed my mom. And they killed everyone in the village, well you can't kill what's dead." I laughed softly, Sokka held a pitiful look. As he picked me from my beggish bow.

"Well... for one thing I don't trust you. You do anything and I will personally see that you don't get off freely." I laughed, causing him to become unsettled. I took my hat from the Professor who sheepishly backed up, I then bowed in respect. Then we kinda just stood there in awkward silence. "Soo..." Sokka said scratching his cheek. I just nodded not knowing what to say. Then a low but still very loud groan was heard. Soon a massive beast dropped down, from the sky I rolled back on instinct thinking it was a ghost.

"What on earth is THAT?!" I said jumping out of the way.