Chapter 5- Gobber and Astrid's Little Chat

Gobber POV

It's been two day since those traders have come and Gobber was the only one who's noticed the way they act towards Astrid. He's also noticed Asrtid has started distancing herself again, trying to avoid the traders like her life is on the line, it's like they have met before but he doesn't know how they could have. This is why he is going to have a little chat to her today.

Gobber walked into the back room of of the blacksmith shop. He never cleared out Hiccup's things because this will always be Hiccup's room no matter what.

Gobber looked down to the floor, there fast asleep was Astrid. Why is she sleeping on the floor? Gobber had really no idea why she comes in here to sleep, she comes here is to get away from everyone when she's distanced herself from the village. Normally it's around the time Hiccup was taken and when she got back she stayed in here too. Always sneaking out of her bedroom at night and coming here than going back early in the morning. He found out when he caught her coming in when he was catching up on missed work.

"Astrid wake up, it's time we have a little talk," Gobber stated kneeling down next to her lightly shaking her awake.

"Gobber, did I sleep in?" Astrid asked sitting up. He stood up and helping her up.

"No, we need to talk about the Grimborn brothers," Gobber stated.

"Why?"

"Because you're distancing yourself from everyone again, not coming to meals, avoiding anything to do with them, Stoick asked you once to show them to the kill ring because they wanted to see the teens train but you ran away saying you had things to do and let's not forget to mention the way they looked at you when they first saw you, they looked like they were seeing an old enemy, what's going on between you and them?" He was worried for her, she was the closes thing of Hiccup he had left. He needed her to stay safe, he knew Hiccup never forgive him if she got hurt.

"Gobber, I don't trust them, they seem edgy and well guarded, sure they easy going but I feel like they are lying to us and that just doesn't sit well with me," She explained. Gobber nodded his head. He's noticed a few things on they boat that seem out of place, like they don't belong on a trader's boat.

"Gobber they're dressed like warriors not traders," Astrid finished her explanation. Gobber thought about her reasoning not to trust them and she seemed to be getting somewhere but he didn't know how to prove her right, I mean sure they seem strange and different but they are not from around here, maybe things are different where they are from but then again they never said where they were from only that it was long journey. Gobber sighed.

"Right, you maybe on to something lass but, you need more proof than what you got, now you better get going before yer parents wake up," Gobber stated, moving out of her way. Astrid nodded and ran off , towards her house.

'Somethin's not right' Gobber thought watching her run off, 'With both her and the traders'