Chapter 9 - The Nadder Rider Never Died

Stoick POV

Stoick stared at the secret door, trying to decide if they should run or wait for Astrid. They had no weapons to fight with and there was no place to hide where Vigo won't find them, it seemed that they'd have to sit tight and wait for Astrid and a lot of people did not like that idea. 

"She could just betray us again!" Spitlout shouted at Stoick, "She admitted she lied to us about what happened to her! She could be lying to us about being Vigo's enemy or that he attacked her first!" A lot of the village agreed with him.

"Spitlout, please be quiet, if you make too much noise they are going to come back and they might hear that Astrid was here," Stoick groaned messaging his temples.

After about two or so hours Stoick was starting to doubt Astird and stated believing that Spitlout may be right when Vigo and Ryker came back in, Ryker was dragging something behind him. He threw what he was dragging at Stoick's feet. Stoick looked down to see a person in a dragon scale cloak the hood was down showing a bloody face that belonged to Astrid. Many in the hall gasped.

"You'd do this to a child?" Stoick questioned. Vigo laughed.

"I've done worst to her and others her age," Vigo shrugged like he didn't care that he might kill a child. Then a groan came from Astrid as she tried to sit up.

"Easy there lass," Stoick stated squatting down to help her up. Astrid looked around, her eyes landing on the Grimborne brothers.

"Astrid are you going to give answers to our questions or are we going to have to take you back?" Vigo smirked. Astrid simply glared. "Nothing, nothing at all? Hmmm? I guess I'll have to try something else, Ryker if you please put your sword against one of Miss Hofferson's friend's necks," Ryker grunted but did as he was told. Ryker went over to Fishlegs, he grabbed him by the arm and dragged him so Astrid could see. Stoick was quite shocked that they didn't care about children's lives. 

Astrid's eyes scanned over the scene in front of her, her eyes flashed to behind Vigo a small smile appearing on her face. In a second of seeing the smile  Vigo was already hanging from a Razorwhip's tail. Ryker pushed Fishlegs forward turning around aid his brother only to be bulldozed over by a Gronkle. 

Stoick stared at the dragon and it's rider sitting a top the Dragon Hunter. It suprised Stoick evn more when Astrid stood up.

"Took you guys long enough," Astrid stated.

"Gods Astrid, we rode as fast as we could," a girl in a sliver dragon scale hood spoke. She was hanging off the roof where Vigo was hanging. Astrid laughed.

"Now that we have found you, we leave," Said the boy on top of the Gronkle.

"Hold up! Razor your bother replaced me!" Astrid shouted.

"Please, I didn't not replace you, I get compared to you everyday, even by my sister," The Gronkle rider stated.

The Razorwhip rider laughed, "You should know by now that Astrid is so much better than you," Astrid laughed.

"Now lets get going, Night and the others are dealing with rest of the hunters," Que the explosion.

"Okay, okay, where's Stormfly?" Astrid questioned.

"With Night, let's get going," Astrid started to go towards the girl of the two dragon riders.

"Astrid?! What's the meaning of this?" Ingrid questioned her daughter. Astrid turned to her mother and gave her a smile.

"The Nadder Rider never died," She smirked pulling up her hood running towards the hanging girl, grabbing her hand she swung herself up onto the dragon that sat on the roof. The dragon soon dropped Vigo and flew off, the Gronkle following it's lead.

The Berkians stared shocked at the  retreating dragons before running towards the sound of explosions.