Chapter 6- Astrid's Instincts

Gobber POV

Gobber sat in Hiccup's workshop thinking about what Astrid said about the Grimborn brothers and how she didn't trust them. They're story doesn't add up but then again neither did her story. They're story is always changing, but so is Astrid's. They weren't surprise by the fact that Astrid lived on an island with dragons for a year. Some of the things on their boat are things used to hunt dragons and like Astrid said they dress like warriors not traders. Maybe just maybe Astrid wasn't alone on that island, maybe they were with her, maybe something happened between them, or maybe he's thinking this all up to make Stoick believe Astrid's instincts.

"GOBBER!" Gobber heard someone who sounded like Stoick call from the front, "Gobber you in here?"

"I'm in 'iccup's room Stoick, yer can come back," Gobber called back to Stoick. A few moments later and a lot of things falling off the shelves, Stoick appeared in the door.

"What yer doing back here?" He asked, taking a look around his son's old workshop.

"I've been thinking," Gobber explained.

"Oh about what, clearing this place out?" Stoick asked.

"No, about the Grimborn brothers, since they arrived Astrid's been distancing herself again, I just had a talk with her, she told me her instincts are telling her not to trust the Grimborn brothers," Gobber explained what he was thinking about.

"And what do you think of them, Gobber?" Stoick asked him. Gobber looked down.

"Well since when have Astrid's instincts have wrong, plus those traders have been looking Astrid weirdly ever since they arrived and they treat her differently as well," Gobber explained his theory.

"Gobber normally Astrid and I have the same instincts but this time we don't, I believe the Grimborn brothers will be good allies for this island and I have already asked them to be," Stoick told them.

"I understand chief but I've learnt the hard way to always trust Astrid's insincts," Gobber told him.

"About dragons, yes, but about the good of the island, you trust mine and no excuses, the Grimborn brothers are now our allies, end of story, I don't want to hear about this again," Stoick stated storming out of the room. Gobber sighed conflicted. He always trusted Stoick's and Astrid's instincts but now that they are completely different to each other he was confused on which one he should follow because normally both are right and are on the same line. What does he do now?

But what he didn't know was his question was going to be answered sooner than he thought...