Chapter 11 - The Burial

Hiccup POV

Hiccup regretted ever sending Astrid back to Berk. He thought if she went there she'd be safe safe from Vigo but atlas she wasn't, he's still sending her body to Valhalla. The Dragon riders landed on the island that haven't set foot on since we discovered Dragons Edge. Itchy Armpit looked exactly like it had when they left. They landed on the sand of the beach. A little off shore sat Astrid's boat, anchored to the bay's floor. She wanted to go on to Valhalla on that boat. It represented her freedom from Berk, now it will represent her freedom from this world. Hiccup started to descend into the water to get to the boat as the others got bow and arrows ready. Hiccup tried to keep Astrid as dry as possible but it didn't work. What Hiccup didn't know was that the water was healing the girl in his arms.

"Hiccup," Hiccup almost drop the formally dea girl.

"Astrid?" Hiccup asked. The love of his life coughed as he started to cry. "How?"

"I don't know," the blonde girl whispered, tears dancing in her eyes. Before Hiccup could stop himself he lent down a kissed her.

"I don't care how as long as you're alive. I couldn't imagine a world without you," Hiccup whispered. Astrid smiled and leaned up and kissed him.

"I couldn't imagine a world without you in it either,"

Hiccup turned around and headed toward the shore again. When he got to the shore the dragon riders were extremely confused.

"We must be in the Gods' favour!"  Magnus cried.

"I don't understand how this s possible?" Bruce questioned.

"Who cares! Astrid is back and we don't have to worry for Hiccup's sanity!" Marcus yelled, smiling widely.

"I have to agree with Marcus on this on," Heather jumped in. Dagur threw his arm around his sister.

"Let's have a party to celebrate!" Dagur cheered before letting out a battle cry. The others ran off toward the fire ring to get it ready for the party that will last the rest of the night.

Hiccup turned to Astrid, "Are you okay?"

"I feel great Hiccup," Astrid smiled. Hiccup nodded. 

"Just making sure, not many people come back from the dead, you should tell your parents,"

"Not just yet, this is the second time Vigo nearly killed me, I'm not going back to berk until Vigo is gone for good," Astrid whispered.

"Just making sure," Hiccup turned to join the others but Astrid grabbed his wrist and pulled him toward her and kissed him.

"I love you Hiccup," She whispered.

"I love you too Astrid," Hiccup whispered back.

The End

That the end of this book. There will most likely be a sequal based in the second movie but for now I will leave it here. I hope you enjoyed the ending. Keep an eye out on this book and I'll let you if there will be a sequal.

LilydaughterofHecate signing out.