Prologue

Academy City....... A city of science with a population of over 2.3 million. It is said that the tech here is over 30 years in the future. It used to be that this city was dedicated solely to the research and study of espers........now however, it was also dedicated to studying another venture as we'll as it's old goals...........the study of alien life.

Ever since the revelation of the boy named Ben Tennyson over a year ago, scientists had been making the slow attempts to study the device that allowed him to change his physical form into any sentient being from beyond our planet. The Omnitrix.

But studies had been slow....Ben Tennyson absolutely refused to lend any power in Academy City even a smidgen of the Omnitrix's data....wisely not trusting the board of directors who ran the place. However, that hadn't stopped the scientists from merely observing.......and now the old run down building that used to hold a company called Newgene had been turned into The Center for the Study of Alien Sentient Life, or TCSASL. Nearly half the data gathered at TCSASL had been gathered from years of footage gathered on Ben turning into aliens. The rest of it's research.......well.......the board wasn't quite keen on revealing other sources at the moment.

At the moment, a tour was currently being led around the inside of the building.

"And here you will see data that has been gathered on the alien species known primarily as Pyronites." Said the woman leading the tour group referring to a high tech hologram of the alien known as Heatblast. "They are primarily known for producing flames up to 500,000 degrees Celcius, and can manipulate their flames in much the same way our very own pyrokinisest espers can."

One of the people in the tour group raised her hand, a small girl who looked around 5. "Is Ben Tennyson here a lot?"

The tour woman sighed and adjusted her horn rimmed glasses. If she had a nickel for every time somebody asked her that question.........

"No....Ben Tennyson does not in fact affiliate himself with this research facility, though many of the research gathered here has been thanks to him......."

"So you got all this stuff without permission?" Said the little girl. "Wouldn't that make Ben angry?"

The woman tried hard to calm herself as a temple throbbed on her head. She never was very good at dealing with children. "I am sure that since Ultimate Humungousaur has yet to come busting down our doors, he probably doesn't mind......now if the rest of you will follow me......"

"But Ben isn't like that..." Said the little girl. "He's a superhero..........he wouldn't break down people's doors."

"SECURITY!!" The woman called. Oblivious to the shocked stares of the rest of the tour group.

12 minutes later, the little girl found herself being thrown out the fancy automatic doors of the facility and onto the street of District 7.

The little girl began to cry as the doors closed behind her. Now as it just so happened, a boy with spiky black hair named Kamijou Touma was walking by, having just finished his first day of the new semester.

Touma saw the little girl crying and immediately went to comfort her. "H-hey!? Are you okay!? What's wrong!?"

"I-I just...sniffle.....wanted to meet.....Ben Tennyson...." sniffled the little girl as her blonde hair flopped over her face.

"Well you won't find him in there." said Touma putting his hand on the little girl's head. "Come on......I think I know someone who can make you feel a whole lot better....."

"Wh-who....?"

Touma grinned. "Ben Tennyson....he happens to be a friend of mine."

In a lab near District 7.

 Kihara Gensei was not the type of man to let a research oppertunity go to waste. Despite his elderly looks, and his seemingly friendly face, he was actually willing to sacrafice anything....and anyone....for his dastardly research schemes. Gensei's greatest research project was in shifting espers to Level 6....however, he was now looking at another project....one that could possibly be even greater then any attempt at a Level 6 shift that he ever attempted..........The mergeance of esper and alien.

Gensei looked at the multitude of scientists who were assembled before him in the dark conference theatre that lay within the lab. He then began to speak. "Hello my fellow researchers.....as you well know, this great city has constantly pushed the boundaries of the mind......espers have become possible only thanks to the science of Academy City........however...I believe I have discovered a new revolution in the case of espers...."

Gensei clicked a remote and immediately a hologram was projected onto the center of the stage. It was an image of an alien with a black body and white stipe down it's front torso. It had two long wire-like antenne and a long wire-like tail that were tipped with metalic plugs. The tips of the the creature's fingers were tipped with similar plug structures.

"This is what is known as a Conductoid." Said Gensei. "Though I believe it is referred by Ben Tennyson as Feedback.."

Gensei pressed a few more keys on his remote. "As you all well know....Ben Tennyson is one of a rare set of espers known as Gemstones, who were able to develope their psychic abilities without taking the Academy City curriculem..........How Tennyson was able to develope his abilities, I believe it that the Omnitrix might have been partially responsible for forming Tennyson's Personal Reallity.........."

A scientist in the audience spoke up. "And how does this relate to the level 6 shift project?"

"I am glad you asked." Said Gensei with an evil glint in his eyes. "As it so happens, those with Ben Tennyson's ability Prediction Point, have never gone past level 2.........however, I believe that by using Ben Tennyson's alien forms to our advantage......we can fix that issue....and force him straight into Level 6..........and I also believe that this alien you see before you.....Feedback........holds the unique answer to this theory......"

Gensei paused watching the scientists. "Well.........are we all in agreement?..........Shall we attempt this........venture?"

All the scientists raised their hands, none were even slightly hesitant.

"Then let's get started......." said Gensei smiling. "Begin project Ben Infinity......."