The Captive Railgun and the Desperate Hero

Ben opened his eyes wearily. Every part of his body hurt. Ever since his fight with Meltdowner the night before, Ben had felt like this constantly. Having a building collapse on top of you was not fun.

"Urrrgghh.." Ben tried to get up from his bed but couldn't. He looked down to find that Mikoto must have bandaged him during the night.

It had been a bit of shock when Mikoto and Touma heard the commotion outside and came out to find Ghostfreak telling himself to shut up.

After a large set of events too insignificant to go into, Ben found himself waking up here, in one of the bedrooms, stiff and painful......and there seemed to be a warm weight on his chest....a very nice comfortable warm weight. And that weight seemed to be breathing......wait a second.

Ben looked at himself again and found himself looking at Mikoto who was fast asleep on Ben's chest, still in her day clothes. Ben stroked her hair for a moment before realizing that she wasn't the only one there. On the other side of his chest was Ashley Redwald who was snoozing peacefully, clutching onto one of Mikoto's stuffed Gekotas.

"Heh.." said Ben. "Guess I'm like a human cushion today...."

Mikoto stirred. "meh......morning....."

"Morning to you too....what happened last night?"

Mikoto sat up on the bed and rubbed her eyes a little. "You had another Untied Memory attack after you changed back from Ghostfreak....."

"What caused it?"

"I don't know.." said Mikoto. "But we put you in bed and Ashley didn't want to leave you alone....so here we are. You feeling better?"

"Well.....if you count bruised and battered as better....but I think I could've been worse." said Ben.

"You should stay in bed then...I'll turn in your homework for you today....that is if you finished it."

"Riiiggghht..." said Ben suddenly looking sheepish. "Finished it. Of course."

Mikoto sighed. "You didn't do it at all did you?"

"Ehehehehe....sorry. Just hand me some paper and I'll have Grey Matter or Brainstorm come up with something..."

"No." said Mikoto. "You're not going alien at all today. You're injured and you're going to rest. Just so you know though, this is the last time I'm ever doing your homework for you."

"Mikoto.....I don't care what kind of weird legends they make about me...you are the real hero."

"Flattery will get you nowhere." said Mikoto. But as she got out of the bed, Ben could see that her cheeks were pink.

2 hours later. 7th District.

Mikoto had never felt so tired....maybe it was due to the fact she was up so late last night, or that she just didn't sleep much anymore. The point was, she was one tired electromaster. 

"Maybe I'll try coffee..." said Mikoto. "Heck, maybe I'll go to Azmuth's lab and get him to make me my own personal robot...."

Mikoto looked up at the front of the highschool in front of her.  Ainshutain Highschool looked like a fancy mansion. But it wasn't prestigious as the appearance would lead one to believe. In fact, it was made to look that way due to the belief that classy surroundings would help students perform better. Obviously, that hadn't worked.

Just like she had been back in Tokwadai, Mikoto was pretty much the number 1 student in the highschool. Ben had told her that he was probably the luckiest student in the class to have someone like her to help him with homework.