Prediction Point

Ben stared at the strange device on his left wrist. In an ordinary world, one would normally think that this device was the most unfamiliar, strange, and unusual device that anyone could ever hope to come across.....but for Ben Tennyson, it was perhaps the most familiar thing in the entire living room.

Ben looked around his dorm again. The plush couch he sat on was a pleasent green color, and the tv sitting on the small book shelf practically excreted the essense of ordinary. In fact, compared to most of Academy City and it's high tech surroundings, the dorm of Ben Tennyson was probably the most ordinary thing on Earth. Yet still, everything here was completely unfamiliar to him......nothing seemed to fit....nothing except the one person he cared about most in the world, and the alien device that was permaneantly fused to his wrist.

The reason for this was rather simple....yet rather complicated. The simple explanation was that Ben had completely lost his memories......the complicated reason was that he had supposedly turned into an omnipotent being named Alien X in order to stop a war, and the result was that his memory had been completely and utterly wiped except for his memories of the device known as the Omnitrix, and his girlfriend Misaka Mikoto...At least that was the simplified version of what Mikoto had told him.

He believed her alright.....he trusted Mikoto with his life, even if he couldn't remember exactly why...but he also believed her because he remembered every single alien form that lay within the Omnitrix's databanks. Swampfire, Diamondhead, Atomix, Goop......even Alien X.

Ben had been spending the past 3 weeks trying to adjust to his blanked out life. Mikoto had been a real comfort, at least there was someone whom he still remembered the name of. And even through all the fustrating headaches of having to relearn everything about himself, Mikoto had made everything a little better. Though the headaches had been getting worse lately, thanks to having to take tests in school for subjects he remembered nothing about, and because he found that changing into some aliens sometimes made things worse. Take Rath for example, when Ben turned into the angry humanoid tiger yesterday to beat up some Skill-out members, he instead started going on an angry rampage about a familiar looking mailbox. ("Let me tell ya somethin' familiar mailbox Rath can't remember! Rath will remember where Rath has seen ya before even if Rath has to smash ya so hard, all the mailmen in the world feel it!!!!!")

Then there had been an incident at school where he had gone Ghostfreak to help a fellow classmate get into a locked classroom to get his books. Apparently Ben didn't remember why he didn't tend to go Ghostfreak, but now he probably knew after he started hearing the violent ethereal voice shouting in his head about wanting to kill him.

"You may have trapped me in here Tennyson, But I will get out, and I will kill you!! Wait, are you ignoring me!!? How dare you ignore the High Lord Ectonurite!! Especially considering you are currently an Ectonurite now.....Hello!?.....HELLO!!!!????"

Ben had decided to use Big Chill after that just to make the voice stop.

Then there was the issue of Mikoto herself. Even though she pretended to be extra cheerful around Ben, he could tell that she was shedding a few tears for him every night when he wasn't looking. Sometimes he wished he could just spontaneously remember everything just so he could see her genuinly happy like he did in his only available memories.

"Man...." said Ben. "I wonder if my life was this hectic before I forgot everything... Looking at this thing on my wrist and the fact my girlfriend can generate over 1 billion volts.....Yeah, it probably was mega hectic."

The door opened and Mikoto walked in, carrying several brown bags filled with food. Apparently all the food marts were going to shut down for about a week in order to solve an issue with Academy City's reports of Skill-out mobbings in the higher class areas. So Mikoto had gone out to get some food early, before the stores would have to close down.

"You won't believe the chaos out there." said Mikoto sighing and putting some bags down. "I swear, some college kid actually tried to punch me over a can of soup. And I think Judgement had to break up several fights between a group of Level 4s in the milk aisle. I almost Railgunned another guy because he kept trying to steal my stuff after I payed for it."

"Dang..." said Ben. "Sounds like school might be cancelled because of all the chaos."

Mikoto grinned. "You wish, only the middle schools have cancelled. You and me are still dealing with math tommorow."

Mikoto used to go to Tokwadai Middle School. A prestigous school for high class espers. In fact, she had been the top student, being only one of two Level 5s there. But of course, Mikoto had graduated and was now attending the same highschool Ben did, doing so well in the entrance exam that she had transferred straight into his class, which was one year above what her normal grade level would be.

"So that means I still have to turn in that 40 page essay which I haven't even started tommorow...." said Ben groaning. "Wonderful...."

"Why don't you just use Brainstorm or Grey Matter and get it over with?" said Mikoto.

"I thought you said that was cheating." said Ben raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah." said Mikoto. "But on account of your amnesia and that Mr. Kimmimaru is a total jerk towards you, I think your situation warrants it."

Ben stood up and began helping Mikoto put the groceries in the kitchen.

"So." said Mikoto. "Anything interesting happen while I was out?"

"Yeah...." said Ben. "Now that you mention it.....I saw some guy take girl's bag earlier and before he could run past me...something weird happened."

"You turned into Ghostfreak again....didn't you?"

"No, it was nothing like that!" said Ben sheepishly. "But the guy suddenly seemed to freeze, as if I knew where exactly he was going to move next, then without thinking I flipped him......is this some sort of amnesia side effect or something?"

Mikoto started laughing. "Man, you almost had me there....I thought it might have been something bad! Ben, that was your esper ability, Prediction Point. You can predict a person's actions by watching their movements."

"So that's what it was?" said Ben. "Heh, it felt weirder then anything I'd ever done."

"Weirder then that time 3 days ago you used Terraspin to amuse some orphans while wearing clown make-up?"

"Ooookay.......ALMOST the weirdest thing I've ever done."

"No kidding." said Mikoto holding out a photo album. "I still have the pictures."

Ben suddenly went red. "W-What!? Why are you keeping that around?!"

"Hey, a girl's gotta have her laughs." said Mikoto grinning and opening the album. "Now.....oooo this is a good one. Here's one of you yesterday accidetally busting through that truck of whoopy cushions as Humungousaur.....and here's you running from that-"

Ben snatched the album out of Mikoto's hand and flipped through it until he found what he was looking for. "Ah-ha!! Here's one of you going into tears over a Gekota doll in the store window!! Who took that? Whoever he is, he has good taste."

"Ben........you're the one that took that picture.........that was over a year ago."

Ben looked at the picture again, his heart plummeting a little. "Oh.........right............it was me.......I see."

Mikoto, noticing Ben's sad face tried hurriedly to change the subject. "So.....Touma called. He says there is this little girl whose a huge fan of yours.......Wanna go meet her?"

Ben grinned. "Me let down a little girl? Amnesia or not, that's not going to happen. Where are they right now?"

"Down by the park, we can..." Mikoto's eyes suddenly widened as she saw something in the window behind Ben that made her heart jump into her throat. "BEN LOOK OUT!!!!!"

Mikoto jumped onto Ben and tackled him out of the way as a massive blast of heat energy destroyed the window and blasted a hole in the wall, tearing through the area Ben had been in only seconds before.

A boy stepped in through the hole. He was scrawny, with all black jeans and a t shirt. His messy hair was blood red while his eyes were a glowing moon-lit silver.

"Hello Tennyson....Railgun!" said Impulser with a devious glare, licking his lips with blood lust. "It's been quite a while.............Now how does the word, REVENGE, sound to you?"