Dark Star

Down in the darkest alley of Academy City, a strange man was walking past the trash and rats that scurried past. He breathed heavilly, as if struggling for survival. He wore dark clothing and gloves, plus a ragged cloak. And over his face he wore a chrome helmet mask.

Dark Star looked around until he saw what he was looking for. A scrawny stray dog feeding on a pile of scraps. Dark Star thrust out his hand and blasted a ray of dark energy at it. The energy surrounded the whining dog as it began to grow scrawnier and grayer, it's life energy being absorbed. But before the dog could become completely drained, a massive thunderbolt blasted at Dark Star's  feet, Causing him to stagger back, his energy absorption stopped.

Mikoto walked in front of the stray shivering dog. "Hello.....you're Michael.......right? Michael Morningstar."

"Who wants to know?" said Dark Star.

"My name isn't important right now." said Mikoto. "The important thing is that I need your help........and you're going to give me that help....one way or another."

"Fool....." said Dark Star. "I don't go helping out random espers......."

"Yeah....I would probably believe that....if it wasn't for the fact that according to the Plumber database...you've been a complete wreck lately........Stray dogs? Really?"

"You're not catching me at my best." said Dark Star. "I see you're a Plumber....not many of those are espers...unless you count Tennyson."

Mikoto held out her Plumbers badge in confirmation. "Now....about you helping..."

"One question..." said Dark Star. "What's in it for me?"

"For starters....if we succeed." said Mikoto. "I'll let you absorb my energy."

"Tempting...." said Dark Star. "But you're going to have to do better then that."

"Then here's the part where I tell you my name." Said Mikoto. "I am Misaka Mikoto.....the third strongest level 5...."

Dark Star's eyes widened beneath his mask. "A level 5 electromaster.........Now that is a really tempting treat........you may not have Lovely Gwen's scale of energy.....but........."

"I would probably have enough power to keep you going for a while..." finished Mikoto. "So what do you say?"

"You're willing to give your own life force for my help..." said Dark Star. "This must be pretty big...."

"It is." said Mikoto.

"Well then...." said Dark Star. "What do wish me to do?"

"You're an expert in energy absorption right?"

"Quite...."

"I need you to help me capture Ben...." said Mikoto. "And I need you to absorb a certain energy out of him."

Azmuth stood atop a skyscraper looking for his target. Next to him, Touma sat carrying binoculars, scanning the streets. At his side was a large hi tech looking gun.

"Where is he?" Touma muttered. "Isn't he supposed to be on some sort of destructive rampage? What's with this brief calm before the storm?"

"Each of Tennyson's alien forms are now opperating on a more instinctual level.....There is no telling how their mutated forms will affect their basic needs....."

"Basic needs?"

"Like if an Appoplexian needs to hunt for it's prey." said Azmuth. "Or if a Methanosian requires the need to hibernate underground for a few hours gathering nutriants before re-emerging. All these life forms are acting on base instinct. For all we know, Ben could be flying around the sky as a mutated Necrofriggian looking for solar plasma to eat."