Pain and Sadness

I look across to Hoseok who mouths 'cuckoo' whist twirling his hands next to his head until she looks over to Hoseok which he quickly pretends he was on his phone.

And people say us girls need men to stand up for us?

"Hoseok isn't an object, you don't own him." I say back trying to be polite as possible, when inside I'm ready to rip this girls face off.

She smiles at me.

"You really think he likes you? He's using you to make me jealous but it's not working. Sorry." She replies looking at Hoseok.

"Hmm?" He asks looking up pretending he didn't hear anything.

"You heard." She says, kisses Hoseoks forehead, and leaves.

"What an odd person." We look over to Yoongi.

"I thought you left." I say.

"I did, but I got bored." He replies uninterested. "But Hoseok why weren't you defending Lucy? If you're going to be a shitty boyfriend just give her to someone who can treat her better."

"Like Jungkook?" Hoseok replies curtly.

"Yes, Jungkook. You're being a real ass today, you're usually looking out for the young ones...why are you being so mean to Jungkook?"

"I'm not." Hoseok stands up. "Can I not date who I want?"

He grabs me and I tumble behind him out of the cafeteria.

"Sometimes I hate having friends, can I not be selfish for once?" He mutters, still tightly grasping onto my wrist, walking speedily down the corridors which are empty considering it's warm today and everyone is outside.

He drags me up all the stairs to the roof.

"The last time we were up here together you were flirting." I laugh.

"Why? Jealous?" His irritated frown turns into a smile.

"Oh yes, so jealous." I smile back.

He chuckles until he sees that he's still holding onto me, he quickly lets go.

"I like to be up here." He stretches. "I can be sad without worrying about others being upset because I am."

"It's okay to be sad around others." I reply as he walks towards the railings.

"Not for me, I'm everyone's hope, remember?" He breathes in and out deeply.

" 'The most happiest people have usually experienced the most pain.' My Mother told me that once." I say holding onto the railings, looking down at the boys below playing basketball. "But I thought this was the place you fucked all the girls?"

He laughs loudly.

"No, who has sex on a rooftop? You are so obviously a virgin, it's cute." He laughs looking at me.

I look away to hide away my laugh.

"It's weird." He says nudging my shoulder. "When I stop being an ass to you, and start joking around with you you're pretty nice to hang out with..and I though all girls were the same this entire time."

"Ya! How could you think that?" I playfully push him. "Why are you talking so freely with me anyway?"

"You're my girlfriend aren't you?"

"You've had loads of girlfriends, you talk to all of them like this?"

"They're not girlfriends, just play things." He looks over to me and smiles. "You're my first girlfriend."