"Birthday girl!!"

This is a story for JennyQuake 💗💗
I hope this is alright!😚 Enjoyyy
~
Sarah's POV:

"Sarah?" The cashier lady said.

"That's me!" I made my way to her and grabbed the drinks.

I muttered a 'thank you', before walking to my best friend, Emma again. I handed her the caramel frappuccino and we found a nice table in the corner.

"Omg! I've been craving starbucks all day!!" She whined and licked her lips.

"Honestly, same." I replied.

She took a sip of her drink and i did too.

We kept sipping on our drinks and chatting.

"Umm... I gotta talk to you!" Emma said, putting her drink down. She looked and sounded pretty serious, so i nodded.

"How's it going with you and Jace?"

I almost choked on my coffee.

Jace and I haven't been the closelt lately, to be honest. I feel like he's been keeping something away from me, and i'm afraid that he's cheating. He always texts other people and refuses to show me his phone.

"Sarah?" I snapped out of my deep thoughts and shrugged.

"I don't know... He behaves strangely." I answered, with a blank expression.

She rubbed my arm and sighed.

"Just... Give it some time, okay?" She said.

I cracked a smile and nodded.

She let go of my arm and tok a sip of her drink.

I felt like she wanted to tell me something more, but kinda let it go. For now.

~time skip~

I walked in the front door of my house and sighed. After taking of my shoes and jacket, i walked to the kitchen and greeted my mom.

"Hello! How was starbucks with Em?" She asked.

I shrugged.

"It was nice!" I replied.

She turned around and crossed her arms.

"Why are you so depressed? It's your birthday tomorrow!" She smiled and clapped her hands together.

I honestly forgot about the whole thing, birthdays were never really a big deal for me.

I've had like a ton of them, why is this so important?

"Yeah..." I faked a smile.

She moved away from the kitchen table and i saw the giant chocolate cake on the counter.

It said "happy birthday, Sarah!" In big pink letters.

"What's this?" I asked my mom, she quickly covered the cake and pushed me to the livingroom.

"You have to wait!" Was the only thing she said, before slamming the door shut.

I just laughed and walked upstairs to my room.

I brushed my teeth, removed my makeup and dressed in my pajamas. Everything you have to do, to get ready for bed.

I turned my phone off, after a few minutes on social media and closed my eyes.

~time skip~

*DING DING*

I groaned and opened my eyes slowly. The sun was shining through the blinds, and it literally made my eyes hurt.