Meeting Jeremy

Another request for the lovely @wolfiebearforever

I can't believe that my boyfriend is going to meet my family for the first time. I hope that they will not be embarrasing, because let me tell you..previously before, I had brought a boy home and everybody clowned him! I will never forget that day, he was so embarrased that not only did he storm off in tears but completely stopped texting and then 3 weeks later broke it off with me, saying that we should see other people. Like honestly, he was an a very emotional rollercoaster that I was tired of riding. But, enough of him and more on my new and improved boyfriend. Jeremy is such a gentleman, like words simply can't explain how amazing that guy is. He is a joy to be around, he's good with kids, he's good with animals, he multi talented, and can cook but that's just to name a few. I know Jamal would definately love him, and so would Andre but Hakeem, Cookie and obviously Lucious is who I'm worried about. It's funny how Hakeem  could be so protective when I'm HIS aunt but it's sweet that he cares so much. Knowing my big brother and his past I desire for Jeremy to stay as far as possible away from him. But, he is family I guess that's  not really an option. Cookie, well you all know Cookie. Cookie is just...Cookie. She is kind like the mystery meat you get served at lunch on Tuesdays. It could taste good or bad but never neutral. But, that's just how she rolls, she was raised like that. You really can't trust no one so I understand where she's coming from. "Alright baby I just want to warn you that it's not going to be your average civilized family. Their a little ratchet and a little mouthy. And..." I was cut off by a kiss on my lips and my boyfriend speaking " For the 100th time I understand that your family is not 'average' it's okay I'll  make sure that they approve of me. I'll have your brother calling me Brother-In-Law in no time. Trust me I've got this." I giggled and nodded my head letting him know that I hear him loud and clear. "I know you do, I believe in you honey." I said caressing his warm cheek. " Alright let's go" getting out the car I grab his hand, slowly walking up the steps I ring the door bell. Taking one more look at my gorgeous boyfriend, I inhale, then exhale.

"If it isn't Miss thang? What you think you doing coming here with this white boy?" Says the infamous Cookie. Oh brother, I rolled my eyes as I step into the house. Not even 2 seconds in and she's alright judging my boyfriend, just great. "If you can handle Rhonda you sure as hell can handle Jeremy." I said smirking while walking past Cookie and Jeremy not too far behind me. "Perfect, we got a Backstreet Boy and Barbie with a mouth" Cookie sassily replies taking her seat at the dining table.  I was never taken back by her shady comments only because I've been around her long enough to know that what she says is nothing more that bee sting. If Hakeem could handle her words I sure as hell can too. Observing the table I see all of the family there, all eyes on us. "Well, as you know this is Jeremy. The boy that I have been talking about for the past few months." I nervously spoke, some replied with 'Hello Jeremy' some didn't speak at all. Well, this is going to be quite the night. Sitting down at the table I looked over at Lucious only to see him looking Jeremy. "So, you been dating my baby sister for some months huh?" Lucious said while eating his food. "Yeah and it's been the best few months that I have had in a very long time, sir" Jeremy spoke grabbing my hand over the table. I did nothing but smile. I glanced at Lucious who smiled "I know you won't hurt her. You seem like a good guy Jeremy. Welcome to the family." Lucious replied "Thank you sir". I never thought that would happen but it did. Later that night Jeremy talked to everyone and it was a good feeling to know that they accept him.