Chapter 18: Into the Wolf's Den

Several hours later, and I was sitting in the back of a limo driven by Marc as we made our way to the underground casino, dressed in an elegant, deep royal purple, mermaid gown. The back was cut low, and the bottom of the dress had a bit of a train that dragged as I walked.

The dress was form-fitting, sleeveless, covered in lace, and it was the most beautiful thing I had ever worn.

My hair was in a regal updo, pinned back with a series of golden clips, which matched my dangling earrings.

The second I stepped through that car door in my four-inch pumps, I'd officially be stepping into the role of Alena Vasiliev.

I took a few deep breaths to steady myself.

Raven turned to me, looking sexy as hell in his tux, his top two buttons undone, and his bowtie hanging loosely around his neck since he gave up trying to tie it.

"Are you okay?" he asked, his brow creased in worry.

I nodded, "I just don't like the person I'm going to have to be."

"So change her," Raven shrugged.

"What?"

"It's been years since you've seen the demon. Alena could have changed since then," he answered.

I smiled slightly, taking what he said into consideration. He was right. Alena could have changed. Sang most certainly did. Why not my alias too?

I remembered my thoughts during the meeting today. Alexei certainly was in for one hell of a surprise.

Suddenly the car slowed, coming to a stop. One of the valet came to the door, opening it up and reaching in a hand for me to take.

Raven growled, "Vy ne trogayut (You do not touch)," causing the man to retract his hand.

Marc was already out of the car, his tuxedo picture-perfect, having switched places with another one of the valet. Taking the place of the first man, he reached his hand into the car, and I graciously accepted it, exiting the vehicle and planting my heel covered feet firmly on the ground.

When I stood as Alena Vasiliev, I took in the sight of the casino and allowed an amused smirk to enter my face as I saw the logo 'for the first time.'

As I entered the building, Raven flanked me on my right, and Marc on my left.

I approached the heavy metal detectors, and the guards in charge of manning them.

"If you would please, Miss," the first guard said in a thick Russian accent, motioning to the device.

When I stepped through it, the machine went off, as expected.

"Prosti (Sorry)," I said, my accent equally as thick, "Earrings," I motioned in explanation.

The second guard smirked, "Then you won't mind if we check."

I heard Raven snarl from behind me.

I grinned wickedly at the guard, "Of course... If you would like to lose a hand."

The guard didn't. Stepping back, he motioned for my 'guards' to follow me through.

Raven and Marc placed their phones in the bin the first guard was holding out for them, and when the detector didn't sound the alarm, we were allowed to proceed on with the night's festivities.

"Where to first, boss?" Marc asked, a childish amusement twinkling in his eyes.

"I'd like to see how well Alexei has been doing for himself all these years," I said, maintaining my Russian accent. I was undercover now. There would be no breaking out of it.