Chapter 20: The Purple Dress

*Sean's POV*

 I was driving home to that darn condo in my purple car, when "Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor)," came on the the radio.

"Ha!" I couldn't help but laugh out loud at the irony.

The song also reminded me of the lovely, and somewhat mysterious, Sang. Not that I needed any reminding... God, help me. She was all I could think about.

When I walked into my secret hideout after a particularly long, and stressful shift, the last thing I expected to see was a tiny blonde girl laying in my bed... Maybe I should have called her Goldy Locks instead of Cinderella.

But that dress!- The dress currently sitting next to me in the passenger's seat. Did she have to be wearing a purple dress? Like the girl needed any more ammunition to aim at my heart.

Speaking of my heart, it damn near stopped beating when I basically laid down on top of her in that dark room. I would know, I am a doctor.

Although, that's nothing compared to what I felt when she turned around and I saw the blood. I couldn't believe she'd just wander off and try to sleep it off when she was that injured!

"It's not my blood," she had said.

"Well then I'd hate to see the other guy," I coughed, and I meant it. Based on the way she stood, and how she had pushed me off of her, I could tell she was strong, tough. But the question was... Who was the other guy? Where was he? Did he need help?

When she explained that the owner of the blood was in surgery, I instantly felt a rush of relief... But also sorry for her. For her to have that much of their blood on her, there was a good chance she was on the front lines of a pretty gruesome event. When I thought about it I realized that it was a wonder she wasn't acting more... Well, traumatized.

My thoughts were confirmed when Sang mentioned the person she spoke of was shot... Which also helped me connect the dots on another issue. The only person who was currently in surgery for a GSW was apart of the Toma team. I wasn't clear on which one, though. All I knew was that it definitely wasn't Raven.

I groaned remembering all the damage he caused. Thankfully the Academy could afford to pay for it.

The nurses were all gossiping with wide eyes, shooting quick looks in the direction of the waiting room.

Curious myself, I had peeked in, only to instantly regret it when I was nearly decapitated by a flying chair.

Muttering curses in Russian, or at least what I assumed were curses, in between short English phrases and breaking things, all I could figure was that he was mad at a girl, but he cared for her, and he wanted to find her... Instantly.

I slowly backed out of the room, pretending I didn't see anything. My shift was over anyways, I didn't need this. He must've heard me though because the second I was out the door I heard him yelling for me to stop.

Noooo way, Jose, I thought, currently not equipped, mentally or physically, to handle an outraged Russian... Especially when that Russian happened to be Raven.

Breaking into a light jog, I turned to one of the nurses, "Hey, Sam! Take care of that for me, would you? Thanks! You're a peach!" Nodding to Raven who was currently on my heels, and not waiting for an answer as I headed for the part of the hospital currently under construction.

Funny how that moment led me to this.

Not thinking Raven one to let a girl get him worked up so badly, I asked Sang if it was a lover's quarrel.