Chapter 26: A Bet's a Bet

When I got in the car, Brandon was staring firmly ahead, his knuckles white from gripping the steering wheel too hard.

"Hello to you too," I scoffed.

Backing out of the diner, the first few turns were sharp, and when one threw me into the door, I met his scowl with one of my own.

"Who peed in your Cheerios!?" I snapped.

He only growled, taking another sharp turn.

"You wanna calm the hell down before you give Raven a run for his money with your shitty driving?"

"Not particularly," he laughed humorlessly, "Want to tell me why you were at Bob's Diner this morning? Or maybe why I got a text from North at God knows what time saying that he was with you?"

"Not particularly," I mocked with venom.

"That's what I thought," he said darkly.

"What the hell is your problem?"

"I thought I just made that clear."

My jaw practically dropped in shock, "The only thing you made clear is that you're being a dick."

His grip on the wheel grew tighter, "You and North seemed to really hit it off, Sang Baby. What was this? The morning-after breakfast?"

Oh, no he did not just fucking say that. "Oh, yes, Master! Sorry, Master! How could I ever forget the household rules you've set for me? When I signed them in my own blood and everything!" I said with false astonishment. "Oh, wait. That's right! I never fucking did that! I don't owe you anything yet, not when we aren't even officially dating."

This seemed to sober him up, as his grip lessened, but I was too pissed off to give a shit.

"Stop the damn car," I ordered.

"What?" he choked out, his eyes going wide.

"Stop. The. Fucking. Car," I said once more with menace.

Brandon pulled off to the side of the road, halting the vehicle's movement. Before it even fully stopped, I jumped out of the car, slamming the door.

"Sang!" he called, getting out as well, and jogging over to me.

"What!?" I yelled, turning aggressively towards him. I would walk to the goddamn gym if I had to, but I wasn't putting up with Brandon's bullshit.

"I'm sorry," he apologized sincerely. "I know this isn't official or anything. I know I don't have the right to be pissed off. But that doesn't stop me from feeling... jealous," he admitted with a pained expression. "North knows you mean a lot to me, and I know he was just trying to get me riled up on the phone, but I could tell you made a lasting impression on him. How could you not? And to hear that I could have any more competition, especially North, well, it wasn't a particularly good feeling."

My heart softened at his confession, but I needed to make some things clear. "Just for the record, nothing happened with North. At least not what you're thinking. Probably not even the second or third thing you're thinking," I chuckled, "But what I do with my body, is my business," he nodded solemnly in understanding, "Who I eat breakfast with, who I flirt with, who I kiss," I smiled, reaching a hand up to his head and entangling my fingers in his hair.

Brandon smirked in understanding. Leaning down, he placed one arm around my back, and secured a strong hand behind my neck. Bringing me to him, he pressed a harsh kiss against my lips. Giving it his all, the kiss was hard, passionate, forgiving, and trusting. We melted into each other, gripping tightly onto one another's bodies. Honestly we might have a few bruises after this, but I couldn't bring myself to care. Our tongues danced, his saying "I'm sorry," and mine saying, "How could I not forgive you?"