CHAPTER THREE

One moment her lovely and hilarious boyfriend was standing on the roadside, telling her sweet nothings, the next moment he was underneath a small and cheap car, blood coming from all directions. His face couldn't be seen, but his hand was clenched, as if he knew this would happen, and he was prepared.

"..."

[Y/N] felt her entire world just stop. Her heartbeat paused for what seemed like forever, and she hardly bat an eyelash. Almost instantly, an overwhelming sense of pain flowed through [Y/N]'s blood. Her mind was frozen, trying to process what was happening.

No longer able to feel strength in her legs, she dropped to the sidewalk and let out an awfully raw cry. Her eyes were blurred with nothing but tears, her heart pounding with an aching sickness of agony. Her arms wrapped around herself as a form of protection, trying to not let any more pain getting inside. As she just lay there, looking at the lifeless body in front of her, she couldn't listen to anything, much less respond to things. Her ears blocked out everything -- the noises, the shouting, the cries— nothing. She just turned blind to everything. 

But then, the eeriness of what was circling around her suddenly stopped. Along with everything else. [Y/N] noticed the people's footsteps suddenly coming to a halt. The lamp posts stopped blinking and the voices stopped trying to get inside her head. Even her pain from losing boyfriend subsided.

Everything was still. Including [Y/N]'s mind.

Slightly confused, [Y/N] slowly lifted her head to see what happened. Though it was quite difficult as her head seemed somehow extremely heavy to lift. Looking straight ahead, she saw, underneath the lamppost from across the street, a small girl.

The young girl looked like she was seven. She had big and fat twin tails just dangling from the sides of her head. Her skin looked pail white but her hair was pitch black, almost blending in with the darkness. The girl had a crooked smile plastered on her face, her teeth showing off. She looked like she was giggling. But what shocked [Y/N] the most was her eyes. They were as hollow as an empty barrel, filled with black. The hollow and black "eyes" stared straight into [Y/N]'s soul, as if she was searching for something.

The little girl was saying something, but [Y/N] couldn't hear it, so she tried to mouth the words out,

"You'll... ne..ver escape your fa..te??"

Suddenly, moments after, the world started ticking again. The people were moving and the unbearable pain from a while ago came back. As if resuming from a while ago, [Y/N] covered her ears and let out a wild scream. Wheezing and hyperventilating, she tried to shake the noises and the pain away. She felt a few hands on her, but she just violently thrown them off. But after minutes from everything, her hoarse voice became tired and she just shut her eyes, hoping it was just a dream.

And slowly...

Very slowly...

[Y/N] opened her eyes.