CHAPTER NINE

The grey tiles on the ceiling and the yellow arrows on the side stare at him with disappointment. The flimsy blanket barely covering his body was let go by his clenching hand as he blinked for a few times before sitting up. His back was slightly aching from the couch he slept on being so uncomfortable. He puts on his glasses at the side and looks to his right.

  And he knew by now what he was going to see.

  A little girl with big fat twin tails and pale white skin looking at him with her hollow and dark eyes, chuckling.

  "So," he cringed at her high voice, "Are you starting to regret it?"

  "I already said, Fate. I never will."

  "Hehe, you're pretty stupid you know?" She chuckled again. "You were just filled with that one-sided love of yours and activated this curse onto you—"

  "I know, I know," He tiredly said. "I know she never liked me. I know. And I... I just wasn't prepared for this contract that can make her love me for eternity--"

  "Until 9:16pm." She spun around and sung gleefully.

  "You never said when it'd be!!"

  "You never asked!" She laughed.

  "Tsk. Just shut up. I should've just tried to steal her from Jumin the old, fashion way."

  "By winning her heart? Hahahaha!~" The little girl jumped around and held her stomach from all the laughter. "You KNOW that will never happen~ That's why you brainwashed [Y/N] to love you!"

  Not denying whatever she just said, he could only sigh. "Oi, Fate, how long do I have to deal with this?"

  "Just like I said," The little girl went close up to him. "It's forever~"

  "Tsk. B-But why did [Y/N] know about this?"

"I don't know~ She saw me I guess?" She put her hands behind her head and sat on a chair opposite him. "Nothing's free in this world, boy. There's always a sacrifice in everything~ And in this one, it's either you or [Y/N] who dies~" Her hollow eyes stared right into his heart and pierced him with guilt, chuckling at the despair he's facing.

  "Shut up, shut up, shut up!" He threw a pillow at her, but it just passed through her. "I'll break this circle one day, you hear me, Fate!? I'll never... I'll never give in to you! I'll never give in to you, Fate!"

  "Heeheehee~" She laughed like a childish 5-year-old. "So amusing! I like it~ But don't you see?"

You'll never escape me, Saeyoung Choi.