Two

My stomach begins to hurt as I continue to laugh, wanting to give him some credit for making me genuinely laughing as I've been dealing with enough stress lately at the hospital

          My stomach begins to hurt as I continue to laugh, wanting to give him some credit for making me genuinely laughing as I've been dealing with enough stress lately at the hospital. My eyes wander to meet Aidan's, seeing that he's only staring at me, expressionless.

          ''Okay, Aidan. I think it's too early for a birthday prank but where are the cameras?'' I ask, eyes wandering around the cafe, seeing that most of the people here are staring at us. They are all shaking their heads as they turn to look away, leaving me in a confusion of my own.

''White people,'' Someone says, under his breath.

          With an acoustic version of History by One Direction playing in the background, I begin to realise that Aidan has done nothing but stare at me. His lips have not curved up into a smile or burst out into laughters like how he would always react whenever he makes a silly joke.

          He's exactly how his employees would describe him. Expressionless. Boring. Evil. Maybe, I exaggerated the last one but that was all they said . . . but, he has never reacted that way towards me. Not even once.

          I lean back on my seat, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear as my eyebrows furrow. Deep inside, I start to realise how I'm beginning to feel uncomfortable—more likely with his stare and the way he's just sitting there while I was busy bursting out laughing.

          ''Are you done?'' He asks, gesturing to my sudden burst. Both of his brown eyes are staring directly into mine, making me feel slightly uncomfortable to make further eye contact; he has been my best friend for years, I've never felt like this around him except now.

          ''You're not joking . . . are you?'' I ask, my voice low and almost inaudible as I lean forward, not wanting anyone else to hear our conversation except for him. Then, he leans forward, too, with his face inches from mine.

          ''No,'' He answers before leaning back.

          ''Wrong answer. Take that back,'' I mutter before leaning back and mentally slapping myself. My eyebrows continue to furrow as his lips curve up into a smile, leaving me with an urge to just smack his face to turn his smile upside down.

          ''Why would I joke about this? In fact, Kenna . . . I'm actually very serious but you managed to surprise me. I didn't expect a reaction like that when I ask someone to marry me,'' He replies as he leans back, eyeing my every movement which leaves me frustrated.

          As I slam my hands onto the table, ''You're asking me to marry you, for god's sake. How do you expect me to react? Jump with joy? You're out of your damn mind,'' I continue to say before crossing my arms in disbelief, continuing to catch people's attention.

          ''If you're not going to marry him, I will.'' The waitress says as she serves our food, both of her dark brown eyes are looking at him before turning to look at me. Her skin's dark glow gives me a slight envy as I frown at my own tanned skin. Without further ado, my eyes are glued to Aidan . . . seeing him slightly surprised.