Eight

All eyes are on me

         All eyes are on me.

         Without sparing a single glance towards their direction, I stop near the information counter; realising that the receptionist has already eyed me from afar as she fixes her hair, quickly asking her colleagues about her makeup and her hair.

         ''Hi,'' She smiles, her lips widening. ''How may I help you?'' She asks, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she stares deeply into my eyes, causing me to smile back after clearing my throat; wanting to ease the discomfort.

        ''I'm actually here to see my fiancée,'' I reply and the smile on her face fades away immediately before turning to look at something behind me, causing me to follow her gaze. My eyes landed on Kenna who has both of her hands shoved into her coat's pocket as she walks with her other two colleagues, talking about a certain topic.

        Within seconds, our eyes meet as she stops walking. Her two colleagues turn to look at me, their eyes widening in surprise before whispering to one another. They pat onto Kenna's shoulder, gesturing for her to head towards me as she stands there and smile—leaving me chuckling.

        ''You've found her,'' The receptionist says, making me make my way towards Kenna. With every step I take, it is causing the other female doctors and nurses to turn their heads, paying attention to us which is slightly surprising. Yet, I pay no attention to look away from Kenna, only letting them mutter whispers as they silently yelp.

        As soon as I'm close enough to her, her two colleagues are already trying to make themselves look presentable as they look at me with wide smiles plastered onto their faces.

        ''We'll be going, Kenna. See you later,'' One of them says as she waves at me before quickly grabbing her friend's hand, leaving both Kenna and I, together. My lips curve up into a smile as I chuckle, not expecting a reaction like that coming from the experienced doctors here.

        Then again, there are a lot of young, educated and experienced doctors here.

        ''I don't mean to ruin the surprise but people really are staring at you,'' Kenna says as she leans closer towards me, whispering the words. As she pulls herself back, I am already looking around at the people who has stopped to stare before quickly walking away, causing me to chuckle. ''I'm sure you'll enjoy coming here more often,'' She adds.

        ''Mm, I wonder why? People don't stare at me too often,'' I reply sarcastically, smiling down at a laughing Kenna, trying her best to control herself from bursting more into laughters to attract further attention.

        ''I'm not surprised,'' She replies. ''What are you doing here, Aidan? Don't you have work to do other than stalking me here at the hospital?'' She asks, her blue eyes are already piercing deeply into mine—making me clear my throat.