Five

''Hi, Albert

          ''Hi, Albert. You're a bit cheery today,'' I say as soon as I step inside his room, the door closing behind me before placing the tray of food onto the table.

          Both of Albert's eyes drift away from the television immediately, a smile appearing onto his face—revealing wrinkles on his cheeks. He leans back onto the bed, ''I should be saying that to you,'' He replies as he chuckles.

           I place both of my hands onto my hips as I smile, frowning slightly at his respond. He shrugs, pretending not to know anything before taking a sip of his soup.

           ''The ring shows it all,'' He adds which causes me to immediately hide my left hand behind my back, out of his sight.

          Knowing Albert, he doesn't just have a temper but he's also a cheeky old man. Mischievous, too. He must've heard the other nurses and doctors talking about the whole proposal that happened yesterday . . . like I said, he's cheeky.

           Ever since Aidan proposed, I was and still am the talk of them all. When I was walking down the hall, a few doctors and nurses came towards me—started asking me about Aidan. They also complimented my ring and said how lucky I am to be engaged to the 'Top 5 Hottest Bachelor' of the year.

          It's not a surprise that they know about Aidan, he's by far known by almost everyone. One of the youngest CEO to ever accomplish and achieve before the age of thirty; women go crazy for him and men want to be him. Well . . . some of them.

          They won't stop talking about how attractive Aidan was when he proposed and they even showed me pictures which told me they weren't lying. I've looked at Aidan for twenty-years and it would be a lie if I say that, him being attractive has never crossed my mind because he is.

           Even though his eyes are plain brown, they are light and beautiful in their own way. He makes himself look perfect that no one would even realise about his flaws. I've known him long enough to know how much he hates the shape of his lips but the feature that he hates most is actually craved by women, the most.

          He knows that he's attractive, beautiful or even hot. As they would say but he also knows how much flaws he has. He just chooses to ignore them and flaunt his flawless features.

           ''You don't have to hide it,'' Albert continues to say, ''Your face shows it, too.'' The way he says without even looking at me causes me to chuckle, knowing how much he has been the one to cheer me up whenever I'm down or even listen to my problems.

          Albert, known as short-tempered and even grumpy by others but by me, he's the sweetest old man I've ever taken care of. He knows when people are lying to him because he said he has lived long enough to study the faces of liars and I don't blame him, he's being cautious.