Chapter XV

Samson woke up when Mr.Henderson woke up.  He could smell the coffee and he heard the screen door.  Paige loved coffee.  Samson was still lying in bed when Paige hopped up from the couch and rushed to the pre-poured cup of coffee.  She picked it up carefully and licked her lips.  Paige walked back over to the couch and sat back down.  She was totally relaxed when she realized the guest room door was open.  She forgot about Samson completely!  Paige tiptoed over to the door and peeked into the room.  Samson was snoring like a pig, as always.  She waited for a good half an hour before Samson rose from his pig pen.  He shuffled out into the open room where Paige was.  Samson went and sat down next to Paige.  "What's for breakfast?" He asked.  Paige laughed.  "Coffee, but my pops only made 2 cups.  We have some cereal from a long, long time ago, if you that", Paige said, putting her feet up in the coffee table.  "Uhhhh, do you have any pancake stuff?" Samson asked Paige.  She paused before answering him.  The last time she had pancakes, she was with her mom.  The morning before the accident.  Mrs.Henderson made THE best pancakes!  Ever since that day, she skipped over the breakfast menu at certain food places.  She never  went to IHOP.  Paige was zoning out and going deeper and deeper into the memories of her mother.  Samson saw Paige and he saw the look on her face.  "Paige?" Samson asked, lightly.  He hesitated.  Samson gently touched her shoulder.  Paige came back suddenly and faked being okay.  She spoke through the lump in her throat, saying, "Oh, sorry.  I just sorta zoned out there for a minute".  She got up from the couch.  "What do we need?"