Chapter XVII

Samson was mixing together the ingredients for the pancakes while Paige watched closely.  "Do you wanna cook 'em?" Samson asked Paige.  "What?" She answered.  "Do you want to cook and flip the pancakes?  I just saw you watching and I thought you'd want to contribute to your breakfast", Samson said, sliding the mixing bowl towards Paige.  Samson turned on the stove and sprayed the pan.  The stove was on a peninsula positioned so you could see the tv.  Paige was watching the oversized pancake and started to check of it was ready or not.  She began to attempt to flip the pancake.  Samson realized the tragedy that was about to happen and rushed over to Paige.  He grabbed her arms from behind and flipped the pancake away from the danger of Paige.   Once it was okay, Samson sighed a breath of relief.  He realized Paige was inside his arms.  She just  stood there awkwardly waiting for him to let go.  They could taste the awkwardness in the room.  Samson let go and turned around to look out the window.   He turned around too quickly and whacked his head on the cabinet by the fridge.  Paige also turned around and the started laughing.  Samson faced Paige and said, "Gee, you're bad luck, huh?  First the fricken CEMENT TUBE and now this thing!" He pointed at the cubbard.  Paige was lighting too hard to help Smason with his little boo-boo.  "The PANCAKE!" Paige yelled, rushing towards the charred pancake.  She did as much as she possibly could to save that poor pancake.  Butter, syrup and more syrup.  Nothing worked.  Samson smiled and walked towards Paige.  "Do you have any peanut butter?" He asked.  Paige looked at Samson with a funny look on her face.  "Peanut butter?" She asked.  Samson flashed a cheesy smile and nodded.  "Second cabinet to the left", Paige said.  Samson found the peanut butter and smeared it all over the black pancake in hopes of it not tasting like char.  He cut up a piece and handed the fork to Paige.  She tried a bite reluctantly and her eyes widened as she rushed over to the plate.  She inhaled the rest of the pancake and smiled widely.  "This ers gerd", Paige said with a full mouth.  Samson laughed.  He rubbed his head and laughed a little more.  Paige cleaned up the mess she and Samson made and went and collapsed back into the couch.  "So, what do you want to do today?" Samson asked Paige.  She shrugged.  Samson started looking around.  He spotted their Just Dance game over on the shelf.  His eyes widened and he jumped up.  "Just Dance?!" Samson squealed.  Paige chuckled as she stood up.  "Sure", she said.  "Why not?". 
      Paige got the game started and they danced until noon.  They danced to an assortment of songs, but ended their session with The Final Countdown.  They were battling to see who would break the tie.  They were in the jumping scene when Paige tripped over Samson.  She tumbled to the floor and snorted from laughing so hard.  That just made Samson laugh even more.  They were laughing so hard that tears came to their eyes.  Paige turned towards Samson and slowed her laughing.  Samson did the same.  Somehow, they had managed to control their laughter into simple smiles.  'Don't you dare heart!  Don't even start' Paige told herself, looking at Samson.  'Mind, so help me if you kiss this gir-'  Samson put his hand behind her head and kissed Paige.