Chapter 2

"You're such a hag! Always nagging! Why do I have to listen to you?!" Her father yelled, his drunken slur booming around the whole house.

    "Why do you drink? Why? Can't you see our children have no money for their fees and all you can think about is drinking?!" Her mother screeched with all her pent up agony.

      She clutched her temples as she felt a head ache brewing up. The lesson she was reading now made no sense to her. She got up put her books in her bag and threw it over shoulders.

        'Went over to Priya's house.'

   She wrote a quick note and walked out of her hell of a house. She walked straight to the library as her parents didn't even realise that Priya had moved a year back. That was how pathetic her life was. She lived just because she was not brave enough to take her life.

     She kicked her beat sparkly shoes splashing water all around walking lazily to the library. She was wearing a t shirt and a faded shorts with sparkly converse on her feet.

       She reached the library and frowned. The gates were closed. The library had a white sign with the letters 'CLOSED' hanging on the iron gate. What the hell? She thought. It was never closed, it was open even on public holidays. Then she almost slapped herself when she realised it was 'Mumbai band' today. Meaning every shop was  closed because they were conducting a strike.

"Huh..." She sighed. She almost turned back when a sharp object poked her back, a breath brushed her ear, making all the hairs on her neck stand up, "Give me all you money!" He whispered .

     She sighed again. "Look here f*cker, I just have like 30 bucks, which I need for getting home since I'm in no mood to walk! So you better leave or stab me, I don't even care at this point!" She said it loudly and clearly.

   Well, it was true. She didn't care if she died then and there. She wanted to die and someone was gonna do it, Happy f*cking Christmas to her. But he didn't. The sharp object was withdrawn and she turned back to look at the stupid arse.

    She gasped and almost stumbled back when she saw him. His black hair was wet falling over his eyes which had huge dark circles under them. His cheekbones in a unruly stubble. His lips were in a thin line as he waited annoyingly for him to realise who he was,

    "A-Abhay D'souza?"